Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a really good trip my dad and I took back in Sept. We camped at Gunnison, Co. and took day trips over to Silverton and back up to Crested Butte one day. Another day over to Aspen and around Black Canyon. All total we had 4 good days of riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...it was a little chilly on one of the days...I'd like to try it in summer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Colorado is amazing. Just before this pic was taken I saw a black bear as I was turning onto this road. It was an amazing ride. About 25mi of twisty dirt road trying to keep up w/ my dad on gold wing.
dirtroad.JPG

·
Registered
141 Posts
You think it was chilly in September, Come up now or in Jan, It gets worse but if the roads are dry i am on the V. The Gondola at the top of Monarch Pass is for sale, would be a fun business.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If your riding CO next summer give me shout when you head out. More than willing to show you around the front range.

Riding the divide in Jan is insane. Many passes are closed and if you don't slip in a patch of ice the CDOT trucks leave plenty of sand in the turns. I do not recommend it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You think it was chilly in September, Come up now or in Jan, It gets worse but if the roads are dry i am on the V. The Gondola at the top of Monarch Pass is for sale, would be a fun business.
yeah, I would have liked to ride that thing. The day before we were going to ride Pikes Peak but it was snowing at the top so we went on up the road a ways and a few pics were taken at that spot. Forgot the name but it was beautiful.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If your riding CO next summer give me shout when you head out. More than willing to show you around the front range.

Riding the divide in Jan is insane. Many passes are closed and if you don't slip in a patch of ice the CDOT trucks leave plenty of sand in the turns. I do not recommend it.
we went up Independence pass on the last day we were there and I thought my Pinkys were going to fall off it was so cold. Had to grab dads heated goldwing grips to thaw out....that was a fun ride though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Amazing trip Carter, I can't take the stock seat for longer than 4 hours, it kills me. Beautifull pics.
I used sheepskin from alaska leather and it worked pretty good for me. The good thing about it we were stopping pretty often to take in all the scenery.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Nice pictures,I was in Gunny in June and rode the area,I know I will be back out there with a bit more than 4 days next time as I still have a list a mile long of stuff to ride/see.
Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nice pictures,I was in Gunny in June and rode the area,I know I will be back out there with a bit more than 4 days next time as I still have a list a mile long of stuff to ride/see.
Thanks for sharing
To all;
To me; living in Colorado makes me feel so very fortunate. I love this state's topography, wide open spaces, towering mountains, blue skies, great roads, I am humbled by the beauty. This leads me to what I hope will help many of you decide to visit us. Most riders who live here are proud of our state and we want everyone who comes to get the most of thier ride time. I think all of us on this forum who live here would be happy to show you around and/or help you find the best rides possible. If you are planning a trip take advantage of our familiarity with the area. Use this forum to help you.
Thanks,
:welcome:
Nick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts