Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many Versys riders are in the Centernial State?

Today I cross path with another red Versys going south on CO 83 between Franktown and Palmer Divide Ave.

Western slope and eastern plains Versys riders are also welcomed to chime in.

:welcome:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Boricua,

It was I that you passed on 83. I live on the north side of colorado springs and went hiking at castlewood canyon state park. Great day for a hike, but even better day to ride the V. I would have turned around to chat, but had to get back to take my daughter to a b-day party.

If you ever want to meet up and ride and chat, let me know, as I have a pretty open schedule for the summer months.

I included a pic of my V as you didn't get a good look at 65 each direction.

Kster

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm here. Live in Firestone. Anytime any of you want to get together for a ride just let me know!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’m hiding in Longmont CO. for now. Just got my Versys a few weeks ago but I'm hooked and ready to explore. I have also seen another ’08 Versys riding around town here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guy's Trucker here live in Parker 08 versys you know the fast color red.Let's go I would like to hook up sometime for a ride.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in Parker.

I know there are more of us out there. Let spread the word out and see if we can get a group ride of something like that going soon.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kster

You are right I barely had a chance to recognize your ride. I was goig a little faster than that. @ 65MPH on 83 I was almost run over by a pickup a few miles farther south. The country boys in their pickups like to think the can put the 6 in 65 upside down and turn it into 95.

·
Registered
76 Posts
kster

You are right I barely had a chance to recognize your ride. I was goig a little faster than that. @ 65MPH on 83 I was almost run over by a pickup a few miles farther south. The country boys in their pickups like to think the can put the 6 in 65 upside down and turn it into 95.
This is for Boriqua.. she'll get it immediately.

See any Dominicans without socks on their bikes lately?

As a 50/50 er... I have to pick on my other half :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I’m hiding in Longmont CO. for now. Just got my Versys a few weeks ago but I'm hooked and ready to explore. I have also seen another ’08 Versys riding around town here.
Red V, red jacket, yellow helmet...it's ME! Let's get together and ride.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Without socks and with flip flops, that's how some Puertoricans, Dominicans and a lot of other people ride in the tropics. It's hot down there. I'll be back in the island later this summer. I'll post some picts for you all. You forget to mention that in PR we cruise on the left lane and pass on the shoulder. Red octagonal signs in the intersection are Coca Cola ads not stop signs and speed signs are suggested minimum speeds not speed limits. Hey, those are some of the reasons why I left the island. BTW I'm a he. We have to get together for a beer or something so we can trade political incorrect jokes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am another owner in Colorado. I live in Monument and spend a lot of time riding between Palmer Lake and Littleton. Anyone putting a ride together, please count me in.

Dave (Longspur)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Weather have been so much fun this last few days that I'm afraid if we organize something for next weekend it might snow!. I am checking my calendar to see which weekend works better. Are two weeks heads up enough. Feedback is welcomed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Live in Boulder but commute to work in Longmont.

Just bought an 09 Green Versys about 4 weeks ago. Did 100 miles on Saturday up through Nederland to Estes Park and back through Lyons...too much fun!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am a little far away from you city folk but still interested in any and all adventures. We are heading from Canon City this Friday up thru Brek to Blackhawk for the night and then up through Rocky Mtn Nat Park to Estes and then where ever the road leads us from there.
If anyone is interested let me know..

Caution though, i ride with some of those lound, junky Hardley's.
I feel sorry for them so i ride with them for moral support.
Truth be told they can't touch my V

·
Registered
228 Posts
I live in C/S and usually ride South to our cabin in Cotopaxi (2008 bought last July). I ride 60% street and 40% dirt and have been on numerous dirt trails SW of C/S. While I wouldn't call the V a true dual sport bike, with a proper set-up you can have a ton of fun going off-road. I'd be up for a meet-'n-ride this summer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The ride this weekend is From Canon up hwy9 to brek, up thru Keystone and over to Idaho Spgs. Spend the night in Idaho or Blackhawk. Then up thru RMNP one way or the other. No real plan, that is why i bought the V.

Gatorman-- Yes, lets meet sometime. I was raised in Salida. You are a lucky man having a cabin uo in Paxi..

1 - 20 of 55 Posts