Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I'm looking for the color code of the alternator housing on Versys 1000?
KAWASAKI does not know the color code

thank you:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
Hello

TOO bad I'm not in AZ - I have a "rattle-can" of that paint which was given me by another V owner, several years ago....

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hello

Kawi wont give out color codes because they want you to buy a new housing knowing them. Or their gallon factory paint if they sell it. With color codes you need a sprayer and skill which I guess you have. Its easier to spray the whole piece than match a touch up. I have tried several silver rattle cans, like Krylon metallic which do a good silver. You dont want gloss Im guessing. Go to Home Depot kinda thing and take a look, cost under $10 Can. to try. If its not right, try another.

·
Super Moderator
7,686 Posts
no réponse for me?
I want to match the Engine side flaring to my bike Plasma Blue , so i dismantle a piece from the bike, went to the paint shop where they use their software to match close to Plasma Blue-about 85%.

As said color code is quite difficult to get , so best is you get to the paint shop with a piece of your bike part / color, and get them to mix the paint for you.
OR, you can try this site/link : https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/kawasaki/

:goodluck:be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts