Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering adding a topbox and I think it would look really sharp with a color-matched panel (to match my Givi V35 side cases with the factory color-matched panels).
Color Rite sells the matching paint for my bike ('09 blue), but if I buy a spray can from them it's going to probably come out crappy looking, and if I buy the paint and bring it to an auto body shop or a painter who knows what they're doing, it's going to cost me a fortune for one little panel.
But....it's probably not going to cost much more for an auto body shop to paint 5 or 10 pieces at once than for a single piece. Maybe if there's a few members who have some trim panels or other pieces they want painted, and we pooled together to buy a quart of paint and have them all done at once, even with the postage it would be pretty reasonable.
Just checking interest at this point so PM me if you're interested....bonus points if you already know a good painter! Remember this would be for the '09 blue. I'm outside Boston.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I've been considering adding a topbox and I think it would look really sharp with a color-matched panel (to match my Givi V35 side cases with the factory color-matched panels).
Color Rite sells the matching paint for my bike ('09 blue), but if I buy a spray can from them it's going to probably come out crappy looking, and if I buy the paint and bring it to an auto body shop or a painter who knows what they're doing, it's going to cost me a fortune for one little panel.
But....it's probably not going to cost much more for an auto body shop to paint 5 or 10 pieces at once than for a single piece. Maybe if there's a few members who have some trim panels or other pieces they want painted, and we pooled together to buy a quart of paint and have them all done at once, even with the postage it would be pretty reasonable.
Just checking interest at this point so PM me if you're interested....bonus points if you already know a good painter! Remember this would be for the '09 blue. I'm outside Boston.
From my experience with Colorite paint you would probably do just as well to buy the paint and take it somewhere, because you also need a base and probably clear coat. I painted my rear hugger with their rattle can stuff and the paint ended up costing more than the hugger. They color match great!

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I redid some paint on my VW bus I went down to a sherwin williams auto paint store. They had the correct paint chip in a book. It matched perfect and laid out great. $22 for an aerosol can. Never tried it on plastic though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts