Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Fun! I must admit that I haven't taken the time to look at the Versys' stock airbox, so I'm wondering two things: (1) does the stock airbox incorporate any type of velocity stack design to smooth airflow and increase flow toward the airfilter, and (2) does your setup actually sacrifice any HP gains (especially at lower RPMs) due to it's lack of flow modifiers.

Mainly just killin some time with this post - it is winter as you said!

Have fun with your bike, kudos to you for taking the time to personalize yours.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
It reminds me of the intake on a HD Sportster, only on the left side.

Nice work. What did you use to fill the holes in the airbox with?

If you had long legs, would your knee bump up against the filter/guard? Or would you just angle your knee outboard a bit while riding?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Fun! I must admit that I haven't taken the time to look at the Versys' stock airbox, so I'm wondering two things: (1) does the stock airbox incorporate any type of velocity stack design to smooth airflow and increase flow toward the airfilter, and (2) does your setup actually sacrifice any HP gains (especially at lower RPMs) due to it's lack of flow modifiers.

Mainly just killin some time with this post - it is winter as you said!

Have fun with your bike, kudos to you for taking the time to personalize yours.
1) Yes there are two, side by side. You can see the inlets at front of airbox. Some have removed them which makes it considerably louder, but seems to improve mid to top end.
2) Possibly. Gotta get that sucker on a dyno. :goodidea:

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I also heat insulated the airbox in front and underneath, and had switched to larger airbox inlets. I have since gone back with the original ones which are quieter and seem to work better at low to mid range.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts