Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Side stand screwed me tonight. Bike went down in my garage, slowly as I caught it. Broke off an inch or two of the clutch lever and bent the foot shifter in. I bent the shifter back out and the clutch lever is still long enough to work until I get a new one. I guess I'll have to get one of those giant side stand plates.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Motowerk flatfoot, and clutch lever replacement thread are your friends. Best to get your drop out of the way, now you can ride with that in your pocket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure I'll be there one day. I bought new leather jacket Saturday and got about a mile before a car started to pull into the turn lane I was in. Cool thing was, the car behind the guy that was going to hit me laid on his horn before I had a chance to. That guy saved me and my new $350 jacket.

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts
I'm sure I'll be there one day. I bought new leather jacket Saturday and got about a mile before a car started to pull into the turn lane I was in. Cool thing was, the car behind the guy that was going to hit me laid on his horn before I had a chance to. That guy saved me and my new $350 jacket.
Add to your list a stebel nautilus horn really gets thier attention.:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Speedy's Flatfoot will be a big help. Barkbusters hand guard will save the clutch handle.
My 09 V laid down on my back patio with nine miles on it......

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
Recently drop the V on a Tour and no damage at all. The hand guards saved the clutch and just a bit of scratch on the bag.

don't feel bad , it just happens.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm glad it was in the garage and I caught it. I still feel stupid that it happened at all. Better in the garage then on the street.
I had a similar situation, at least your foot wasn't caught between the bike and the ground like mine was! See my post "My Versys hurt me".

·
Registered
419 Posts
Side stand screwed me tonight. Bike went down in my garage, slowly as I caught it. Broke off an inch or two of the clutch lever and bent the foot shifter in. I bent the shifter back out and the clutch lever is still long enough to work until I get a new one. I guess I'll have to get one of those giant side stand plates.
I did the same damn thing this spring. Was rolling it out of the way, and dragged the stand just overcenter without noticing. Set 'er down and down she goes. Same damage, even. Although that wasn't as frustrating/embarrassing as the time I was rolling off a curb in front of the supermarket and dropped it on the other side trying to stop for a pedestrian who was walking out from behind the giant pillar I was parked by. Mostly my own bloody fault for poor parking choice. That one got me some nice bright yellow streaks on my side case from the curb paint. No other damage, except to my pride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts