Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks , I am having a peculiar problem which is recurring for the third time. The clutch assembly in my new bike has been changed 2 times already but now it has gone kaput for the third time. First at 9600 odd kms, second at 12800 odd kms and now at 15400 odd kms. I also had a few pictures and can any technical experts out here comment if these cracks and uneven surfaces in the clutch hub normal? Also attaching a list of parts changed second time.
Regards
Pradosh

Attachments

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I don't think I've ever read or heard of clutch problems on the Versys and I've been on this forum since 2009 and owned two Versys. Given the reoccurring nature of the issue it seems there is a yet undetected root cause of your issue. I would suspect the dealer should replace the engine or at least the transmission cassette at this point since it is a warranty issue.

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at the cracks that go thru the holes where the clutch is attached - could the bolts have been MASSIVELY over-torqued...?
I am not sure of that but the worst part is that the technician says that these cracks are absolutely normal and so are the uneven surfaces on the hub.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I am not sure of that but the worst part is that the technician says that these cracks are absolutely normal and so are the uneven surfaces on the hub.
i would take it to another dealer , or get that on video or in writing from him and forward it to kawasaki

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even the ASC guys have no idea!! They are just doing trial and error experiments with me and endangering my life cos I have already had one accident because of jammed clutch assembly!! The other two times I proactively got it opened up at 3000 and 2700 kms after previous fixes!! I think I've been sitting on a ticking bomb for quite some time now!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would take it to another dealer , or get that on video or in writing from him and forward it to kawasaki
Sadly I have spoken to the Kawasaki India guys and they too seem to bother the least!! Their response is too cold. They feel they are the best Everyone else is at fault other than themselves

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
Sadly I have spoken to the Kawasaki India guys and they too seem to bother the least!! Their response is too cold. They feel they are the best Everyone else is at fault other than themselves

There are phone #'s and contact info at the back of your owners manual to Kawi-Corporate so you can get in touch with them to help you out. Sometimes you just have to go over peoples heads...

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have sent mail and escalated this issue to Mr. Yama****a Yutaka who is the CEO of India Kawasaki Motors but sadly guess he has left his Japanese Promptness back home in Japan.

My decision to buy #KawasakiIndia s #Versys #Tourer turned out to be a #Nightmare. Thanks #IKM #KawasakiRacing #KawasakiMotors #KawasakiJapan #KawasakiUSA #KawasakiWorld #KawasakiSucks .
For full story please visit Versys 650: Horrible experience with Kawasaki & its dealers - Team-BHP

Also this is how Kawasaki Authorized service center takes care of the bikes!!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
man this is really ****ed up.......... and dont blame kawasaki.. this seems more of techs being lazy as ****, people doing a job they have no experience/knowledge in. and general talk out the ass-ery........
it makes me sad and a bit mad to see a fellow rider being treated so poorly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts