Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the top clutch cable adjuster (on the bar) the only clutch adjustment available on the Versys?

On mine (2009) I've noticed the top cable adjuster is almost all the way backed out. Not sure if that means I'm just due for a cable replacement or if there's something else with the clutch that's out of adjustment somewhere.

Clutch itself seems to function just fine.

·
Registered
217 Posts
look at the bottom end of the cable where it hook`s to the clutch lever, I think it is called a barrel adjustment

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Is the top clutch cable adjuster (on the bar) the only clutch adjustment available on the Versys?

On mine (2009) I've noticed the top cable adjuster is almost all the way backed out. Not sure if that means I'm just due for a cable replacement or if there's something else with the clutch that's out of adjustment somewhere.

Clutch itself seems to function just fine.

Go to Section 6-6 of the manual......

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Didn't realize the service manual was available online. Sweet! Is there a copy of the 2009 manual or are there not any significant differences between 2007-2009?
Same bike different color..The only difference I'm aware of is the Connection for the Speedo/Tach.

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
Same bike different color..The only difference I'm aware of is the Connection for the Speedo/Tach.
AND - the '09 has a different (and BETTER!!!) front brake master cylinder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts