1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
You should've cussed him out and chased him and threatened him.:joke:
im on new meds that keep me from doing that :) and am i the only one that thinks he's stoned as a mofu?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
:goodidea:
Just waitin for that little prick to say "whatever." ;)

Actually, this one would have set me off and I can barely stand up, let alone put up much of a fight. Not so much if I was Silvie as he had some time to react. But if I was his buddie and that guy was crowding me out of my lane, I'm afraid I'd end up that busy little one legged man in the ass kicking contest.

I don't know if I agree with Joe in his vid, but I'd rather have these people a little afraid and paying attention than thinking they can just do as they damn well please because their vehicle is bigger or because their electronic device is more important to them than the lives of the vehicle drivers around them.

Hopefully, Silvie's more polite demeanor had a similar impact on the driver.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You call that a "close call"? Seriously, the dude in front of you put himself in that situation, there was no way in hell the driver of the car could have seen him! The mirror shows objects behind the car on the next lane, not objects that are side by side to the car on the far end of the next lane. Also, you should be expecting cars to switch lanes when an extra lane is available or when merging. I think that could have been completely avoided if the motorcycle rider had been paying attention.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
You call that a "close call"? Seriously, the dude in front of you put himself in that situation, there was no way in hell the driver of the car could have seen him! The mirror shows objects behind the car on the next lane, not objects that are side by side to the car on the far end of the next lane. Also, you should be expecting cars to switch lanes when an extra lane is available or when merging. I think that could have been completely avoided if the motorcycle rider had been paying attention.

maybe you should watch the video again... i agree he couldnt see the person in front of me in his mirror (he should have seen him thru his window) but he should have seen ME in his mirror...but the bike in front of me was ahead of the car befor it sped up then cut over without signaling.... and theres reasons i put the (" ") around close call... it wasnt. it was more of stupid driver... the motorcycle rider was paying attention, car driver wasnt...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
You call that a "close call"? Seriously, the dude in front of you put himself in that situation, there was no way in hell the driver of the car could have seen him! The mirror shows objects behind the car on the next lane, not objects that are side by side to the car on the far end of the next lane.
WTF were you watching? The video I saw the SOB was behind the lead bike and just elbowed his way in right beside him.

·
Registered
403 Posts
"officer knows who the driver is. If he doesn't give him a ticket, he's going to talk to him about why what he did was illegal".

who cares about lecturing him on doing something "illegal." Lecture him because it's extremely unsafe and reckless, and he put himself and others in danger.

Very close call!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
The guy in the car was just lane sharing.
Motorcycles can do it, why not cars?
One minor difference that comes to mind is that if a bike tries to muscle a car out of their way they lose.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Actually, most cage drivers in LA on the average are the best mc tolerant drivers I have ever seen. But with so many people in SO CA, you get scenes like that from every other day to once a week. If you are not concentrating on Safety every second, it could be your last few seconds.

On a LA rating scale of 1 to 10 of average A holes (small percentage of drivers), that was just a 4.5/10. One time a guy just u turned immediately in 3 lanes of traffic in front of me. When I pulled up beside him, I am glad I was not within arms reach sitting on my bike. Some people must just be on Ritalin or something. I have heard astronomical numbers like 80% of college students use it!?!?! And that is legal too.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Some people must just be on Ritalin or something. I have heard astronomical numbers like 80% of college students use it!?!?! And that is legal too.
ya terrible drug i was on it was to much as a kid....... mostly caused by perents not wanting to take care of there kids

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
One minor difference that comes to mind is that if a bike tries to muscle a car out of their way they lose.
So a car should be able to legally "muscle" it's way into a tractor trailer's lane if there's room for both to fit, that's sound reasoning........
Since when should winning and losing be a part of driving? No matter what size vehicle you are in or on, do what you can to avoid encroaching on another vehicle, that seems pretty simple to me.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
So a car should be able to legally "muscle" it's way into a tractor trailer's lane if there's room for both to fit, that's sound reasoning........
Except there isn't.

Since when should winning and losing be a part of driving? No matter what size vehicle you are in or on, do what you can to avoid encroaching on another vehicle, that seems pretty simple to me.
I don't know, maybe since they invented traffic signs, traffic lights, merging lanes etc?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know guys. I check my Ego at the door when I leave to ride. No mater who's right or wrong I WILL lose in any argument with a car. Commonsense says to give way and live to ride another day.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I don't know guys. I check my Ego at the door when I leave to ride. No mater who's right or wrong I WILL lose in any argument with a car. Commonsense says to give way and live to ride another day.
I agree. I also wouldn't be splitting cars at highway speed. I think those guys have a death wish. I would not hold a driver responsible for using his lane to avoid something in the road or even change lanes. The rider is responsible for his own safety. That said, I'd love to have the legal option to split stopped/crawling traffic at moderate speeds.

I've never seen a motorcycle crowd a car out of his lane, but that is exactly what the driver was doing to Silvie's friend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts