Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home in my truck today and almost got taken out by a Fuel Injected Turd... aka Honda FIT.

It's parked in the parking lane then all of a sudden fires up and begins a u-turn. Fortunately I saw it coming and made a very hard swerve to the left and missed by probably inches.

Another coat of paint and would have bent metal.

Man there sure are some crazy drivers out there. Really glad I was not on my bike.

Bee safe fellas.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the insane drivers continue. 2 blocks from home today I am turning left on a green arrow when the opposite direction driver suddenly decides to run the light and right in front of me.

Crap you can't make this stuff up. Almost as crazy at the so called impeachment hearing.

Help Mr. Wizzard!

·
Premium Member
9,062 Posts
And the insane drivers continue. 2 blocks from home today I am turning left on a green arrow when the opposite direction driver suddenly decides to run the light and right in front of me.

Crap you can't make this stuff up. Almost as crazy at the so called impeachment hearing.

Help Mr. Wizzard!
Moderated my own post. Just witnessed a collision in a multi lane round about. two drivers , outside lane driver was going around , inside lane was going straight through, both in wrong lane.

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
Driving home in my truck today and almost got taken out by a Fuel Injected Turd... aka Honda FIT.

It's parked in the parking lane then all of a sudden fires up and begins a u-turn. Fortunately I saw it coming and made a very hard swerve to the left and missed by probably inches.

Another coat of paint and would have bent metal.

Man there sure are some crazy drivers out there. Really glad I was not on my bike.

Bee safe fellas.
Several years ago I was riding S on a 50mph section of road near here, PROBABLY doing 50, w/ a Miata parked on the right-hand shoulder ahead, and just as I got about 20 feet away he suddenly MADE a tire-spinning U-turn w/out shoulder-checking!

Scared the crap out of me - what a RETARD!

:surprise:

·
Registered
179 Posts
This summer I take tour on road where I never been, twisted road, so I drive under speed limit, I don't know road, and in one place road turn to right ( by probably 120° )and little hill is there so I don't see oncoming traffic, and in middle of that corner guy with car was 100% in my lane.
Fortunately ABS done his job, and I somehow manage to brake hardcore and turn to right, ( missing him by 2 feet ) and start swearing everything on my mind to him.
He heard all my swears because he have all windows down.
After that I stop at first place where I can stop to take break and to relax after that situation, and to check which color is my underwear.
What kind of idiot you need to be to cut corner in which you don't see oncoming traffic

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Moderated my own post. Just witnessed a collision in a multi lane round about. two drivers , outside lane driver was going around , inside lane was going straight through, both in wrong lane.

Steven Colbert.... I would rather get Anal Cancer than watch that douche bag....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Thailand. You guys should come to observe traffic here, it's beyond anyone's worst nightmare. People driving against traffic without headlights at night (Yes on even on the four lane Highway) driving against redlights (happens daily) people driving without license,insurance etc. 10 year old kids on 150 CC motorbikes in traffic without helmets or other protective gear etc etc.

Thailand have the highest death toll from traffic accidents in the world. (Although it is not registered as traffic death unless you die right on the spot, if you die in the hospital after the traffic accident its not registered as a traffic accident.)
Drunk driving is illegal but everyone is driving intoxicated.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've been saying this for years. I've become a much better driver since I started riding.
Of course you experience cycling lets you know what its like to be at the mercy of dopey car drivers as well. Thats one endeavor where if you let your guard down for one minute you are flying off to oblivion! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
I've been saying this for years. I've become a much better driver since I started riding.
Me too, tho' it's difficult remembering when I wasn't riding... - :thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts