Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. So there is this strange noise that my Versys has developed. It makes a few clicks after I turn the key to the on/run position. I had a few people suggest it was a weak battery. So I checked my battery and it was at 12.5 not under load. I put it on the tender all night long and the noise is still there. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,119 Posts
Several things, does it start and run normal? I would check idle volts DC and leave a meter connected , run at 2000 RPM long enough to get a meter reading, also watch the meter and gradually raise RPM to 4000 RPM over say 15 seconds, watch for the voltage to rise and then suddenly drop to say 14.5 VDC, it is normal to reach 15 VDC with a shunt regulator. Post results. My very next process would be checking the frame grounds and engine ground. On the 2016 the engine ground is difficult to check, even more to reconnect , I cut a small V out of the round ring crimp to make it similar to a fork crimp, the opening is just under the bolt diameter, that way you can start the bolt then insert the ground, very easy to cross thread, as the wire is short and the bolt on a angle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Following. Mine is making a similar but less obvious sound. Something in addition to the fuel pump. Assumed it was normal. Hoping it is nothing significant. Not as loud as a Solenoid I don’t think.

I guess I should ask...is there something there other than the quiet whiiir of the fuel pump in anyone else’s upon turning it on? I don’t have the data to upload video because WV.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The sub throttle actuator plates do a reset / full range of cycle from Close / Open / Close when you turn the ignition on and they can sometimes make that chattering noise :cool:
Spray the outside of them with a well known Water Dispersal spray version 40 and the noise may go away :unsure:

·
Registered
162 Posts
If it makes you feel better, my 2017 has always sounded something like that, and she's always run like a top.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Sounds normal to me. 08 650 w/ 32k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts