Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to clear the first 800 kilometers on my Versys so I can move into the 6000 RPM range. Been following the break-in procedure in the MOM - I know there are various methods of breaking in a new bike but I figure I can't go wrong listening to MOM.

Yesterday, I had 450 kilometers on the odo and wanted to get to 800 in the worse way. I looked on the map and saw Alleghany State Park. It's across the border and I know that would be a pain to deal with and of course the toll roads as well. I figure if I'm going to clear that 800 mark, this would be the way to do it. I could have stayed in Canada and gone north but I was getting tired of some of my local rides and this was something new to check out.

I went through wind gusts and rain storms and yet was rewarded with some blue skies and beautiful hills and valleys of the Alleghany area. I haven't been to this part of New York yet - I found it interesting. Total ride was 356.56 kilometers (214.45 miles).

Here's some pics of the bike and the scenery. More details can be found on my blog athttp://guitarsandmotorcycles.blogspot.com

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That photo of your Versys should be in the brochure - makes we want to buy one.

Hey, wait a minute - I already did!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts