Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post up this idea that I had that worked. I didn't really want to change the turn signals on the V but thought it looked funny as the only thing orange on the bike was the indicator lenses.

So I thought of something simple and easy. The '08 ZX-10 comes with clear rear turn signals so I ordered two sets of the lenses and bought amber bulbs separately (I went looking for the part numbers but it seems Kawasaki's parts diagram for the '08 10R is down right now). I know it doesn't do much but I personally really like the look. Figure I'd post up in case anyone else has had the idea and wondered. Here's a couple pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bulbs were actually the hardest part to find. I checked every auto store I could find here in town and then I went to Cycle Gear and they had them but were sold out. The dealer would have to order them in so I called around and I live in Vegas where the company Clear Alternatives is based. I called them and bought some amber bulbs off of them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks cool, you can get bulbs that light up amber but aren't amber when off so the amber doesn't show through the clear lens. They are a blue chrome color and depending on how clear the lens is they almost don't show a color at all, I had them on an HD very clean look.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I like those Sylvania bulbs. Are the city lights (on the outside of headlight) the same bulbs as the turn signals? If they are, I'll replace all 6 bubs. Should look sweet.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hey Enemy Zero... it was just the lenses from the 08' Zx-10, not the housing did I read the right ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
these bulbs will not work, the glass part is too big. ask me how I know.
I like those Sylvania bulbs. Are the city lights (on the outside of headlight) the same bulbs as the turn signals? If they are, I'll replace all 6 bubs. Should look sweet.
the "city" lights are 194 style push in bulbs, autozone has a nifty set of amber led lamps that look good.
Hey Enemy Zero... it was just the lenses from the 08' Zx-10, not the housing did I read the right ?
just the lens for the 08 zx10 two left rears and two right rears. the lens has a drain hole built in, heck mounting for proper operation.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also ordered 97a bulbs and 67nr bulbs from bulb town.
the 97a is natural amber .90 cents each. the 67nr is natural red. .75 cents each. will try them both and see what looks better. as a side note, the amber kawasaki bulbs from the dealer were 8 bucks each. yea thats a good deal. hope this helps.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A lot of action in this thread today. The lenses are all you need and only order two sets of rears. The fronts are flush mount.

Buster, what bulbs did you put in the turn signals? I really like that they are not visibly amber. Mine give off that amber glow :(

·
Registered
272 Posts
how do they look josh post us a pic man .......

I couldn't get the right bulbs through work, Im going to go look are town for something that will work

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.