Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to clean up your wheels and tires? Every time I try to wipe them down, I get grease from my chain all over. is there some kind of spray cleaner out there?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
WD-40 works wonders on greasy rear wheels and sprockets to get the heavy grunge off... Before you do a final clean with the aforementioned Simple Green.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
WD-40 works wonders on greasy rear wheels and sprockets to get the heavy grunge off....
I ONLY use WD40 on my chains, then wipe off the chain, so a fair amount of 'spin-off' gets onto my rear rim. When I decide to clean that wheel I just spray a bit (WD40) onto a rag, then wipe down the wheel, and SOMETIMES I follow up with wiping down with a clean rag. :exactly:

To clean the tire of overspray, I wipe with a (fairly) clean rag, and when I wash my Vs I use a small brush with soapy water on the tires.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Why clean your wheels? :dgi: You can't make a silk purse out of a sow' ear! :)
Hah....I saw a new 2011 the other day with black wheels and thought it looked great and wondered why mine didn't come with black wheels. Somewhat sheepishly I realized that underneath all the road grime there is in fact some black paint :eek:
(still haven't cleaned them yet though!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts