Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
My question is why? It amazes me at the people that clean their chain and sprockets. I have never ever cleaned mine ,the chain last just as long as the ones that are cleaned. Now when I did ride in the dirt the front sprocket would get a lot of crude built and I use to clean out around the sprocket. A simple way to clean the chain is to get a can of WD40 crank the revs up on the bike and soak the chain. Make sure you put cardboard or plastic down for it is going to get wet. Me I spend a lot of time getting my chain good and oily and I be d*mn if I am going to clean it off. That is just me ,there will be some technical freaks along shortly to explain why you need to clean them. :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
I run a scott oiler and turned down to barely keep the chain wet, but it still makes quite a mess up front. I spray degreaser on the muffler side next to the chain to remove the mess. I don't clean the chain tho.

I don't clean the front sprocket unless I remove, and it is a pretty big mess up there when you remove the cover. Don't think it hurts anything tho.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Clean the front sprocket??? Never done that in 47 years. As Mtn Rdr says only to get the mud out.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Same here. I don't even clean my dirtbike chains, except to spray 'em off. I've found that cleaning isn't nearly as fun as riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts