Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my SW-Motech crash bars. I ordered the MFW highway pegs also, but didn't order the mounts as I was unsure which system to go with.

I like the idea of a "cleaner" look the joints allow, but I'm a little concerned about drilling into the crashbars. The clamps look very sturdy, and would offer some additional adjustment, but I don't know how I would like the look. Any suggestions? Pictures of either would be helpful.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I went with the MFW clamps. I was like you and not sure if I would like the look, or if they would even work well. I really did not want to drill my crash bars. They look much better than I thought, and work great. I would like to have been able to mount pegs a little lower, but don't keep my feet out for long periods anyway.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Clamps...

I would not drill into the bars., I have the same bars. I think you need 7/8 inch clamps, they are very had to find because most foot pegs go on large tube crash bars. I ordered mine on Ebay when I ordered my foot pegs. ($20) Please measure your tubes as my 7/8th may be wrong.

Cb

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a BUNCH thumper. I appreciate your effort. :thanx: The pics are invaluable. I think the clamps look just fine. I'm going to order them.

Thanks for the heads up cb1313. I believe Twisted Throttle is aware that the MFW pegs for the SW-Motech crashbars (for the V) are mounted on the lower bars. They offer the appropriate clamps that fit the lower bars :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts