Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yup i did ....
tested nt1100 fazer 900 fazer 700 tiger 900 tiger 660 nt750 versys1000 twice ...soo after all that ...i got another kle

tbo the dealers i visited were usless one didnt even get away from his takeaway on his desk to try and help ..in the end i got one off the internet delvered direct 1100 quid under book ...punting off this years discontinued colours

so here is the questions i asked that they couldnt be arsed trying to answer

will my sergeant seat fit the new 2022 ,,, yes it will
will my motea centre stand fit the new 2022 yes it will
will my piug crashbars fit the 2022 yes they do
can my usb and 12v sockets be wired in and fir the dasboard ....yes as lonas you keep away from the front cowl as the new screen mech fecks up access a lot

will the seat riser work on the 2022 ..yes it will
will the sceen fit .......no it wont
will my delkelvic exhaust fit /...yes it will but i havnt as im unsure on the e5 fueling and keep the warranty for a while
please note that getting into the front cowl is a lot more difficult than the mk 3 i gave up and ran a relay from under the seat to under the left dashboard cowl thats simple to remove cowl that has loads of space for junctions and radom wiring sins to be tied out of sight

are the headlights really any better ? yes they are they are not ww2 searchlights but are adaquate for riding at night at moderate speeds 60 mabt 70mph kind of 6 out of ten compared to 3 out of ten on the mk 3 which were dire

im 6ft 1 and have a givi high screen and that is pretty good on click 2 if your under 5ft9 id go with the lower screen option other waise the trall one may not be able to get out of your eyline

is the euro 5 engine slower ....based on 80miles of riding no it seems fine but its been said the traction control 2 cuts its balls ....tbo i havnt actually tried switching it on yet

my opinion is that the front end sits higher the dash is wider and for what its worth much more pleasent ..not just the clocks which are nice the width and layout is much more pleasing on the eye

the handguards on the lt model i have are scupted weirdly and tbo will probably keep the wether off better but are a cheap cop out after the aluminium braced ones on the mk 3 ..im going to swop the over as the mk3 isnt sold yet ..pm me if you want a nice uk 21 plate green one

so after few days of routing about under the seats cowls and fairing the bit you cant see are very very nicely laid out painted and finished .the overall detail paint and quality fixings wiring connectters and wraps the eyes dont see it pretty darn high

tbo i wanted another green one but they had silver left and for 1100 quid off it growing on me
only had it a few days but a solid ride today has reasured me more of the same is no bad thing

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi have you soused the free connections under the seat?
i think this is what you mean see picture
tbo i took the front screen cowl off as i had the kawasaki relay off the old bike and there no access ,, the parts fishe indicates what goes where but to be frank kawasaki are having a laugh with there prices
having had a good poke around on the parts fishe and behind the cowl i decided that a old fashioned relay under the seat a simple junction box and inline fuses cable tied under the left dash cowl would be the easy way for me to go as tbo i had all the stuff removed from the older bike and just needed a power source there is a load of room and handy little trays for kawasakis plugs to tie down a multidude of diy sins out of sight ...its far from pretty but its cheap effective and reliable
i kinda get annoyed with manufactures addons for simple connections ..they are imho designed to maximise cost and minmise intallation time for the dealers ..great as long as your not paying for em
i mean just look at the usb and 12v they have withe the relay its knocking on 300 quid for a job that costs just 20 ..i think they are reinventing the wheel with the usb thing so i just cut a hole and stuck one in ..managed to get everything done ,, sat nav hangar , heated grips ,spots and switch , usb and 12v and 40 amp relay for around 200 quid total cost new
a quick count up on kawasakis parts for the same instalation is around 2023 dollers or 1650.42 pounds
basically they are taking the piss tbo

think this may be the plug ..you can see my neat relay underneith :unsure:it ...just snapped into the rear light for the switched power

handy link to parts fishe if anyone wants a look

· Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
832 Posts
@minkyhead56
I noticed in one of your pictures that you have one of those breathable seat covers, do you find it comfortable? I got one when I first got my bike and it eats my butt up, off it came.
Nice write up on your new bike. Kawasaki has a parts diagram on their official site as well, no prices

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@minkyhead56
I noticed in one of your pictures that you have one of those breathable seat covers, do you find it comfortable? I got one when I first got my bike and it eats my butt up, off it came.
Nice write up on your new bike. Kawasaki has a parts diagram on their official site as well, no prices
its a air cushion off amozon recovered in that mesh stuff ..i do find its much better in hot weather but no other advantage than that ..it just has some velcro under and sits on the seat with no straps looks a bit naff but very comfy

· Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
832 Posts
its a air cushion off amozon recovered in that mesh stuff ..i do find its much better in hot weather but no other advantage than that ..it just has some velcro under and sits on the seat with no straps looks a bit naff but very comfy
Yep same one I have from Amazon, same velcro stretch to fit over the factory seat but doesn't have the air cushion underneath, that might be the key part. I find it abrasive on my butt when riding. Rode out around 50 miles and couldn't wait to take it off. I reworked the foam on my seat and now it fits me better, no more numb butt or sliding forward

1 - 10 of 10 Posts