Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta love an unusually warm November day in Wisconsin.

The wife made mention that she needed two bottles of wine from the Winery for her folks for Christmas. That's when it hit me :goodidea: I can easily fit 2 bottles of wine in my bags honey, let me go get those for you.

80 miles later I returned home with 2 bottles of "slightly shaken" wine.

Mitch

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good to see a fellow cheesehead! I pulled the same stunt today, enjoying the weather across the border in MN. The honey-do list included a run to the grocery store, so the recently neglected Versys took an hour and a half jaunt down the highway. I returned home with some milk and an excuse to spend another hour in the garage washing the bike (it snows once and they dump salt everywhere). I'd call it an afternoon well spent!

BTW, I used to race that MX track just west of Ashland, that place was a blast! Had some epic crashes there...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to see a fellow cheesehead! I pulled the same stunt today, enjoying the weather across the border in MN. The honey-do list included a run to the grocery store, so the recently neglected Versys took an hour and a half jaunt down the highway. I returned home with some milk and an excuse to spend another hour in the garage washing the bike (it snows once and they dump salt everywhere). I'd call it an afternoon well spent!

BTW, I used to race that MX track just west of Ashland, that place was a blast! Had some epic crashes there...
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who got out today.

If you get back up this way, let me know.

Mitch

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recently figured out that going to the huge shopping mall in Manchester is MUCH easier on the Versys. The Trafford Centre is absolutely heaving at this time of year, so blasting past the queueing cars on the way in is great. Then you get into the car park and screw all that driving around following people back to their cars so you can get their space. Just ride up to the front doors, park and chain the bike and you're inside. Rinse and repeat for the journey home. It only goes pear-shaped when you buy too much stuff to fit into the tail-pack and rucksack. In fact, this might be on the cards for this morning come to think of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts