Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2015 Versys 1000 LT. It needs new tires. I ride about 70 to 80% on winding paved roads. The remainder of the time I spend on gravel/forest service roads (nothing hard core off road). I have narrowed it down to 3 tire choices.

1. Michelin Anakee Adventure Tires
2. Continental TKC 70
3. Pirelli Scorpion Trail II Dual Sport

I would love to hear your thoughts on these tires or recommendations for any others I missed.

Thanks,
-Jeff

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ride a 2019 Versys 1000. Just put new Michelin Road 5s on. I ride twisties only, no gravel. Love these tires, especially in the rain.

Reactions: Bodach

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ride a 2019 Versys 1000. Just put new Michelin Road 5s on. I ride twisties only, no gravel. Love these tires, especially in the rain.
I don’t have a Versys yet (strongly considering the new 1000 se) but I am running the Michelin Road 5s on my Super Duke and they are outstanding. Great traction and amazing wear- I can get 12k+ miles out of the rear before they start squaring significantly, and 99% of my riding is highway/HOV commuting. And I agree that they are equally great in wet conditions.

·
Administrator
8,167 Posts
Welcome Aboard Doghead. You can start your own post to introduce yourself and share your thoughts. Be safe.

·
Super Moderator
20,384 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
pirelli Angel GT are great. they are great on the road and last long time. i have them on 1000. on the 650 i still run the OEM tires. i suppose I will change them next year. many members here hate them, but they are ok for me, for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts