Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's the noise that I occassionally hear coming from under the fuel tank or someplace lower towards the front. Sometimes hear it when reving engine while stopped and/or at 40 mph steady cruising or less. I have already loosened and re -torqued the header bolts and muffler.......still does it.........any clues?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've heard it too on my 09 Versys. I am not sure what it is, but it sounds like something to do with air intake. Hopefully one of the more technical folks will chime in with an answer.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
A few UK Versys forum members had the same problem from their muffler's internals rotting and breaking down, between 8000 to 15000 miles...It might also be a leak at the muffler gasket. (Kawasaki part # 18140-0002)

My exhaust was chirping so I replaced the gasket between the header pipe and the silencer and that seems to have solved it. It's a fairly inexpensive part - about $15 cdn I think - and a simple job to do. It's easiest to take the header off rather than the muffler, just because the bolts are more accessible. The only thing is the gasket is a little bit fragile and easy to tear so on this job patience is a virtue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts