Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall on my cross-continental trip, my '08 Versys started chirping and sounding like an aircooled VW Beetle. I love AC VW sound(I have two, lol) but not coming from the Versys. :p

I've searched and realized I'm not the only one. I was wondering if anybody is still running cherry bomb exhaust that were somewhat popular a while ago? If so, what's your opinion on them? I really like the sound on them and I'm debating doing that. Or perhaps gutting the stock, although it seems to be quite involving.
I really don't want to spend $3-400 on a can right now.

I also toyed with the idea of a Chinese muffler... hell it's so cheap, it might be worth a go. They list them for a Versys as well although I think it's all just universal.
38 51mm Motorcycle Carbon Fiber Exhaust Muffler Pipe with Removable DB Killer | eBay
Sounds pretty good on this 300...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP8EaZH1x3Y

And here's what my bike sounds like now...

·
Registered
8,000 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
im the cause of cheery bomb making there shorty glass pack when i made the bobber i got them to make me some to my specs and now its in there catalog

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just got done removing the Cherry bomb glass pack from my bike.
It was essentially a straight pipe. I installed a 2" washer "lollypop" in it in an attempt to attenuate the noise but it did very little to help.
It was fun for a little bit. WOT at 9500 sounded great! 6k cruising? Not so fun after an hour.
My advise: Get something larger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts