Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is way off of subject, but lets give some props of the guys who made it out!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Its so nice to see something positive that goes right for a change. The hero's weren't just the ones underground either. Hats off to them all.

·
Registered
434 Posts
"Humanity" is such a contradiction.

This amazing, miraculous, wonderful recovery of 33 men from the bowels of earth captures the attention, imagination and support of the entire world at the expense of 30 million dollars, without complaint or debate.

At the same time people will die in the ghettos for pennies, at the hands of people who have long since lost their soul.

Thank God events like this happen to re-invigorate our faith in the innate goodness of mankind. Otherwise, we would all swirl down the toilet we call "civilization".

Feel good Mankind, and CELEBRATE!!!

V-Zee

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
A truly amazing story. I did my best to explain to my daughter as we watched the final miners extracted last evening that she was watching history. Not sure if she fully grasped the impact of this event, but she saw her parents emotionally attached to people halfway around the world whom we had never met.

If mankind could only resolve its myriad problems in this manner. A tip of my hat to the miners, their families and all who helped bring them home.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Finally some good news for 2010....

·
Registered
875 Posts
Prayers to all the men, their families, and the rescue workers....also for the livelihood of all the miners' families as this mine is shut down.

I hope all mining operators in all countries(mostly underdeveloped) take note and some of the deplorable conditions are corrected before more lives are put at risk unnecessarily. Safety first, not production.(rant done)

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
The belts that were worn to monitor their vital signs was done by a kiwi company, it was on the news here and the same belts are used by US special forces and also the Chile military.

·
Registered
295 Posts
back here we have been following that story on a daily basis since a couple of months back. It had a very happy ending although could have easily gone the other way around..

Great example of tenacity, rescue services and human-wise capacity on helping the next foke. Also great politics management - the mines ministry was close to not known before the event, now he has a higher rating than chile´s president himself

But one issue no one seems to be addressing, and the most relevant to me is why they got in that situation first place?

that particular mining company should not even have that mine open, no conditions at all for it to be operating, no rescue wells, feeble wall supports, etc etc word is there was a lot of gov officials on a pay role to sign on the operating licence and permits?? now how come no news on that?? no one in jail?

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
"Humanity" is such a contradiction.

This amazing, miraculous, wonderful recovery of 33 men from the bowels of earth captures the attention, imagination and support of the entire world at the expense of 30 million dollars, without complaint or debate.

At the same time people will die in the ghettos for pennies, at the hands of people who have long since lost their soul.

Thank God events like this happen to re-invigorate our faith in the innate goodness of mankind. Otherwise, we would all swirl down the toilet we call "civilization".

Feel good Mankind, and CELEBRATE!!!

V-Zee
+1 Amen.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am not an over-emotional sort of guy but the sights of these guys being reunited with their loved ones actually brought tears to my eyes - goosebumps all over too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts