Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found why I cannot post and have to do so here twice before being allowed to post int he regular forums

The Versys is made here in Thailand and is the most cost effective bike in the country at 1/3 the cost of an imported bike. Good thing as I probably would not have bought one if still in Canada, but now glad I did

All in all not a bad bike but could be better. So far I have addressed what I perceive as weaknesses by:
Changing the L fork leg from a pogo stick into an operating cartridge fork leg
Re-valved both fork legs to suit my weight
Fitted a R-1 rear shock with a custom made 13.8 - 16 Kg/mm progressive spring
Fitted Tokio radial calipers and a Nissin MC from a ZX-10
To my knowledge I am the first one in Thailand to effect these changes and am pretty chuffed at the improvement

Naturally the common mods of a pipe, PC-5 with Auto-tune, removed the sub-throttle plates, twined up the vacuum lines from the TB's, and BMC air filter. Not big on bling and only engine guard bars (locally made) and a bit of powdercoating

Stainless brake lines are next and am having them custom made by the HEL dealer given the bike has ABS and my new MC exits on the bottom; plus the fact that I am going to install a T on the bottom triple tree and run from there to each caliper rather than the stock over the fender method

·
Premium Member
16,249 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
welcome, haved talked about riding to Chiangmai from Malaysia with my buddies in Malaysia, maybe one day i may get to do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts