Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just got my first motorcycle yesterday.
Judging by the fact I made a account on a Kawasaki Versys forum, I bet you can tell what kind of bike I got :laugh:

A bit about me:
Took the MSF course and passed the motorcycle endorsement test this past March, probably a week before COVID-19 hit everything.
Live in Arkansas but drove a total of 8 hours to and from Oklahoma to get my 2008 Versys 650 just yesterday (Very nice scenery when you don't take the turnpike, but goodness my back is stiff from how long it took!)
Also studying for a degree in Electrical Engineering Technologies so hopefully I can help around here with any electrical issues.
I generally enjoy nature so I decided to choose a bike that'll help me get out there and see it.

That's about all the interesting tidbits I can think of as there's not a whole lot else left about me.

·
Super Moderator
18,961 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...That's about all the interesting tidbits I can think of as there's not a whole lot else left about me....
SOMEHOW I'll BET that THAT isn't true!

Keep 'sharing' w/ us...!

:wink2:

·
Premium Member
7,768 Posts
:welcome:aboard and enjoy your new ride Be safe.
Been a technical person you will enjoy the bike and customizing it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome. I am also from Arkansas but haven't brought a Versys home just yet. I talked to a local dealer 1 1/2 weeks ago but have not heard back from him. He had none in stock and is supposed to be looking for one. We shall see. I was surprised the dealer said they were selling a lot of stuff and their showroom was low. I thought that the covid stuff would have slowed everything way down but I guess not.

·
Super Moderator
18,961 Posts
Up here in BC I've been doing LOTS of riding (as long as it AIN'T raining - like it IS right now!).

That's what I call SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!

:wink2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome Gen Osity,

Wish you all the best with your V and your schooling. Glad to see people are still loving the Versys. Had a guy walk by me asking what my bike was. After sharing it's a Versys and basically a touring Ninja, he couldn't believe it as HE rides a Ninja. Well, hopefully I opened his eyes up to the fact Kawi makes more than just ninjas.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome from St. Louis! I brought my Versys 1000 home in January. Heading out on first toad trip end of June to get a new windshield from California Scientific. Got my Redverz Atacama Expedition tent, my Garmin 396 GPS, GoPro Hero 8 ready to go. Then I’m heading to Nashville in August to get my new Terry Adcox seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Been busy working on the bike the past couple days basically converting it back to stock as I kept having battery issues with my Versys while riding.
Ended up removing the previous owners wiring and put the battery on the trickle charger all day yesterday and seems like my Versys wants to hit the road now! And who am I to deny it?
All of my gear came in yesterday as well so as long as these clouds don't turn into falling river water I'll be having a nice day riding with a friend later. Wish you all the same!

·
Premium Member
7,768 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Been busy working on the bike the past couple days basically converting it back to stock as I kept having battery issues with my Versys while riding.
Ended up removing the previous owners wiring and put the battery on the trickle charger all day yesterday and seems like my Versys wants to hit the road now! And who am I to deny it?
All of my gear came in yesterday as well so as long as these clouds don't turn into falling river water I'll be having a nice day riding with a friend later. Wish you all the same!
Just check your charging system before venturing out, Even if the Sator has failed a fully charged battery can take you some distance on a single start. Anyway , enjoy your ride if all is well with your bike. Be safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts