Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick word to thank you fine folks for the Versys forum I am about to experience forthwith.

Not new to bikes by any means, I am considering a Versys and thought I would lurk and ask totally ridiculous questions for awhile first.

Ok, this will eventually come out in the background check anyway,
uhh, I used to ride a Thailand Chicken Hauler (infamous KLR 650).

Hoping to mend my (sick and twisted) ways and graduate to a full two cylinders, and...... what do they call that again?.... oh yeah FUEL INJECTION!

Thanking you in advance for patience, understanding and finally, perhaps a will to live (after banging a KLR 12,000 miles a year the last three years).

Semper Versyalis!

;)

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
:welcome: Have to admit that the "chicken hauler" comment made me laugh - a lot! :D:D:D

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thanks you guys for the welcoming spirit!

I have curiosities about the Versys that I look forward to discovering... as a purchase hopefully is in my future between now and soon.

In the meantime, I will try to mind my manners, not spit indoors, take my helmet off in the presence of ladies and or bishops, and try to adjust to metaphoric indoor plumbing.

The leap from a chicken bus to modern technology a wide step to be certain. No doo hickey, kickstand already the proper length, a wire harness that apparently needs no armor, I don't know what you guys do with all your spare time, owning a "Sunday bike" and all, oh, I bet you get to RIDE THEM!

That would be a nice change. Loved my KiLleR but admit on those weeks where-as one had it torn down to the frame, you hated to have to hurry, for fear of skipping some Loktite or a mission critical ZIP TIE, so's you could ride with chums on the weekend. Best bike in the world, made so by it's owners. I suppose like owning a Ural (no offense to the Russians or other communist regime riders mind you, it's all good, we all spin metric, anyway....).

I am in Minneapolis, in the event any of you blokes are up in the land of 9 month winters. :D It would be fun to see how your bikes are rigged in person and give me a chance to see what might lay metaphorically ahead.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Chicken = chook, chook chaser = trail bike or as you yanks call em dual purpose.
I thank you. I've increased my vocabulary yet again. You Aussies do have a way with the language. :D

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am in Minneapolis, in the event any of you blokes are up in the land of 9 month winters. :D It would be fun to see how your bikes are rigged in person and give me a chance to see what might lay metaphorically ahead.
There's a few of us further North of you.. This is my first season, but I'm going to ride till there's ice on the ground, if I have my way! :)

:welcome:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts