Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago someone asked what is a good way to check the level in the anti-freeze tank W/OUT removing the fairing over that tank. I was doing some other stuff on BIG RED the other day, so I took a look at mine, and saw that it seems QUITE DIFFICULT, then I had a "eureka" moment. I 'shook' the bike a bit, and than I could see the waves of anti-freeze by looking past the gas tank.

HOPE this helps whoever asked the original question.

(y)(y)

:cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
The markings on the reservoir could not be clearly seen while sitting on the bike itself (i.e. within the gap of tank and fairing). Also, over time the discoloration of plastic tank (possibly due to environment and sedimentation of coolant) will further make difficult to see those markings.
So, what I do - when I removed the coolant reservoir, I used a permanent marker pen to create lines and write "F" and "L" on the tank over the already provided markings - now its super easy to see the levels from any angle in that gap.
Btw, I have a old video on my YT channel (pranavbhayani) - I know its a long boring video.
Incidentally, just 2 days back I replaced the coolant and cleaned this reservoir - I have darkened those lines. I will be soon uploading this newer shorter video to show this process.

regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts