Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really have not heard an exhaust that impressed me so far for the Versys . Some sound .... UH ..... OK , but mostly like a stock exhaust with a slight pitch change and or the volume turned up a little .
NOW , check this monster sounding MTC Exhaust out . I want one of the babies in a bad way . LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdX8m7azIU

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
STILL SOUNDS GOOD .!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Well , I do have quite the discernable ear for audio and understand the fact that is not an exact tone . Although , I did like the sound of the can and how open it sounds .
Maybe you have an audio file in your collection of truer rendition of the MTC can for those who don't understand nor have the ability to recognize some sudio distortion .
Although bearing in mind I would disagree 100% with you regarding the exhaust blowing directly on the mic . Looking at the angle o fthe exhust versus the camera angle , it would have to do a magic trick to make and agle like that to hit the mic .
Now , I would agree that the electrit power mike was being ( as you put it with your expert A/V degree terms) , HORRIBLY overdriven . That I would agree with . But I still like the sound of the can although typically I like " QUIET " motorcycles .:blah:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Let me add . It still sounds and looks BETTER than ANY other can I have heard . IMHO of course . Not excluding the can you repackage and sell . What is that thing , a " Tractor Supply Company " (tm) Garden tiller exhaust . Sort of looks like a small tractor can I saw at one of the Ag supply houses .
Although , I must say ferevently , the stock can is the best can for the job I need done . LOL

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Not my cup of tea, but to each his own.

Hooligan ,

Not my cup of tea either if the truth be told . I like mine quiet . I really like the way the stocker sounds in all reality . I was just having a silly moment when I saw that . It made me think how funny it would be tp pull up to a group o fparked HD dudes and rumble that noisey monster at them just one time . Then my fun would be over and I would want my quiet back .
I really have not heard any aftermarket I personally thought had a sound to suit me . Some talk about power gain with aftermarkets but .........
I have looked at some Dyno results on the V that some guys did on their bikes after a new can . Not even noticeable power improvement . I also saw Dyno charts on same said bike after new can , then Power Commander installation . UH.......UH...... How much did they say they spent for a mere 1.75 gain in HP ? I think I am gonna run my V as it is .
But one has to remember , I am a pretty mild rider , performance mods really arent worth the money for my style riding . A nice sounding can would be nice , but I would be tired of it really quick .
I did put a higher performance can on my KLR , but a KLR needs some help for power gain. Still though , I am tired of the noise and really don't gas on it all that hard anyway .
I think I did a wheelie one time in my life on a bike and that was accidental . LOL . I like my tires to much to do burn outs and rarely pass another vehicle . Mostly if they are going rediculously slow . Although , I really do enjoy blowing past a HD once in a while . I get sick of following all their racket . LOL

Hey , most want to be the fastest on the road . ME ...... I compete only at the dinner table . LOL . For real though , I am a pretty casual rider over all . I just really enjoy bumping about and taking it all in as I go . However , I do admire the guys who can really handle a bike at speed and enjoy watching real skill at work . My skill ...... UH.....UH.....Just being a good neighbor is prolly it .. LOL

Hec , I ride most of the time with a guy that is a 5 time national drag bike champion . That dude can make a friggin pogo stick hual butt . He blast me off the road everytime we ride together . But you know what . I always come rolling in to the Diner just as they get seated at a table anyway . They know to tell the waitress I drink unsweet tea . LOL

·
Registered
304 Posts
I dont like it myself. Never did like the ridiculously loud pipes of o lets say a HD. Drives me nuts so why would I want to become one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plus One

I thought maybe someone woudl go " HUH "?

+1 means just that in forum short hand . As to say add me to that list , plus one , I'm in , me too , etc... etc... Sort of like ROFL means " roll on floor laugh " or TTYL means , " talk to you later . You know , forum shorthand . LOL

So .... If I go , " +1 " , it means I am with you . And if I go , " +1 ? " , it is asking you if you are with me , or are you in .

Savvy ? , " +1 ? " :thumb:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am closing in on the 10000 mile mark and I love the growl my bike has developed when I shower down on it. I also love the way I can sneak up the road with only a wisper. I think I will be Leaving this bike as is. As far as the exhaust goes anyway.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think I will be Leaving this bike as is. As far as the exhaust goes anyway.
+1

I've had aftermarket exhausts on my last two bikes, but I just don't see the point on the Versys. It's just right for me in sound, looks and performance.

If there were a way to reroute the whole thing to improve ground clearance, then we might have to talk. :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts