Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm pretty positive this one is fake.
Yep, it sure looks like that last one (mountain top) is fake. That's one convenient ridge that allows you to ride from one peak to another - and stop where you start!. Seriously; look at the start and then the stop. Its the same place!

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
I've seen that second video several times over the years, and I think it's REAL....

But, IMHO, to quote Forest Gump..."stupid is, as stupid does!"

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I've seen that second video several times over the years, and I think it's REAL....

But, IMHO, to quote Forest Gump..."stupid is, as stupid does!"

No bars or mall in town ect . . . just nothing to do! :clap:

Those guys are small! If I tried to turn around on that trail it could end in fail! :eek::eek:

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
The second video kind of reminds me of a ski-run I did (ONLY ONCE!!!) years ago on Blackcomb Mountain (beside Whistler where the Vancouver Olympics ski events were held). It was called "Ziggys Meadow" as I recall, and the same steepness as the "Saudan Couloir" which at the time was billed as the steepest ski-able pitch in North America.

I started into the trail (two ski-tracks in the snow) to the start of the run, and it VERY quickly deteriorated into two tracks at about 10 degrees down, on a ledge, maybe 18" wide w/ a drop-off right and cliff-face left.

I did NOT want to be there at that point, but I couldn't see any way to stop and turn back... so I continued and had a VERY nice (... and FAST!) single run down the Meadow.

TOO old for that sh*t NOW...!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I also think that the camera makes a bit of fish eye effect in the video, because of this the hill looks most steep and thin than it is really. Just a bit, but the riding remains crazy and dangerous!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts