Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
It was aired on the national news the other night. Police are looking for the driver. I think they are looking to make an example of him.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Looked to me like the cars were going about 40 and he was going about 80. Pretty slow. No big deal. :sleeping:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looked to me like the cars were going about 40 and he was going about 80. Pretty slow. No big deal. :sleeping:
His speedo clearly shows 240km/h + (150mph) while he is lane splitting. No big deal?!?!?!

Remind me never to ride with you!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Crazy for sure....but what a waist of time and effort trying to find this guy or gal. Even if they trace it back to who posted the video that in itself is not a crime. they couldn't prove who was operating the bike nor can they positively identify the bike itself ( no plate number etc). I don't know how the Canadian legal system works but I'm guess LE is just bluffing they know they will never get this guy.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
He's very trusting of those other drivers considering how many times many of us have had cars pull into our lane at much lower speeds. I'm guessing he's young enough (immature?) not to think about mortality, or he thinks his reactions will save him.....not that hitting the front brake and trying to swerve while sandwhiched between two vehicles at +100mph is gonna make much dif.
:forgetit:

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
Future Organ Donor.:nono:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
+1 and not too far in the future either. Besides the usual arguments against this kind of idiocy, there's something to be said for picking a deserted road if you HAVE to do it (Though I doubt someone with this little regard for his or her own life has much regard for anyone else's). How many cars full of kids do you think he lane split past at 150mph... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
On the news they mentioned a speed of 299 km/hr, and that's awfully close to 180mph. At that speed, all that'd be left is a red smear, and hamburger....

What an a**hole! :badidea:

·
Registered
227 Posts
That was not extreme
Especialy cause the wide lense makes the things go faster

He was going fast some times, but it was not EXTREME

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you haven't seen this one, you are in for a treat; this by far is the wildest motorcycle video I have ever seen:

I don't by any means condone breaking traffic laws, though I sure kept my guardian angel busy when I was younger than 21 (no where close to the antics in either vid). Bad behavior does not equal cool or badass, it equals stupid. Are you listening squids?

·
Registered
102 Posts
FAIL... he didn't reach 300KM.

(At least that's what he was thinking after he watched the video of the ride)

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I value my life too much to even think of pulling a stunt like this. In an instant, its over. The EMT's would be called to the scene to scrape up the remains and then the fire department to hose off whats left. That is not how I want my friends and family to remember how I left this Earth.

I am a former EMT and sometimes it really is that bad. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Recording himself doing a crime is like robbing a bank and leaving thier drivers license behind...
FAIL AT LIFE? Yeah just a bit..... If I saw him coming up I would swerve at him and it wouldnt be my fault.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can't wait to see how this plays out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts