Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my throttle lock. The yellow O ring # 8M4991 O ring seal from Caterpillar. About $3.49 including tax. Roll it on between bar end and hand grip. Use at own risk. You can roll it on or off easily.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
I bought some and have been using one for some time now. I have guards on my bars so I don't worry about the ring popping off the bars. I caught myself leaving it on all the time after I got use to the restriction on the throttle. It works great for long distance to give your wrist some rest.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought some and have been using one for some time now. I have guards on my bars so I don't worry about the ring popping off the bars. I caught myself leaving it on all the time after I got use to the restriction on the throttle. It works great for long distance to give your wrist some rest.
I never thought of leaving it on all the time. It is of industrial strength and not Made in China. It may last.:thumb:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Can you roll it off and on while riding or do you need to stop ?
If you can I like that better then a throttle rocker which tends to be a little in the way when not in use.

Including the part number is a great help also.:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hang a piece of electrical tape off the bar end. When you get up to speed, wrap it around the end of the throttle :D

V-Zee

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hang a piece of electrical tape off the bar end. When you get up to speed, wrap it around the end of the throttle :D

V-Zee
Hmmm... A patch of the loop side of velcro glued to the grip, and another patch to the bar end....and then a patch of hook side over them....with the hook side stored on the bar end when not in use. That would be about...oh...$3

·
Registered
901 Posts
Just got the o-ring in the mail today...haven't ridden with it but it looks and feels like it should work perfectly. I got mine online for less than $2, I bought 2 and it was about $8 with the shipping.

THANKS!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts