Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found that he ankle area of my riding boots was rubbing the aluminum area of my V. The fix.... White plastic under furniture moving thingies!!! Not sure what they are called but they are less than $5.00 at Walmart or similar store. See photos attached.
This is my first attempt to add something useful to this forum, as I am always taking away valuable information. :topsecret:!!

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
That's pretty cool!
I think a lot of folks will challenge your "cheapest" claim though.
$2.00 Radiator Guard.
$.75 Seat Mod.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I found that he ankle area of my riding boots was rubbing the aluminum area of my V. The fix.... White plastic under furniture moving thingies!!! Not sure what they are called but they are less than $5.00 at Walmart or similar store. See photos attached.
This is my first attempt to add something useful to this forum, as I am always taking away valuable information. :topsecret:!!
That, in my humble opinion, is brillant. :thumb:

The next time I'm at Lowe's handing over a good portion of my monthly retirement $$ I'll look for those. I like the triangluar shape too but don't remember seeing anythiing like that in the furniture moving slider thingie section. :eek:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I got the round black rubber type ones instead of the white triangle. Cost for each was 14 cents, so 28 cents for a pair. Still can't beat the milk crate radiator guard :)

I placed them on the Givi top box too, on both sides, just in case I drop my bike.

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
an even CHEAPER farkle!

Just finished a DIY "hugger" type guard for my '09. I used a piece of conveyor belt I had laying around, about 7 3/4" X 12 3/4", 2 pieces of metal, each 3/4" X 12" (used when pouring foundations to go thru the 'forms' and tie around the re-bar, given to me FREE by the guys building next door), and 2 pop rivets, 3/16" aluminum.

I 'notched' the belt to clear the chain, then held it in place by hand to drill 2 holes, each 3/16", into the bottom of the underseat storage, from below (LOTS of room for my 18V Ryobi drill from either side of the rear tire). Then I matched the hole positions into the 3/4" metal, de-burred the holes, put one BELOW the belting, the other inside the underseat storage (to protect the plastic and rubber from being worn thru by the rivets), and then installed the pop rivets.

BINGO - now my rectifier and rear shock are mostly protected from mud/ water spray off the rear tire; I spent an hour doing this; and I'm out the cost of 2 aluminum 3/16" pop rivets - MAYBE 5 cents!

:stickpoke:

Oh ya - and I made ANOTHER for my other V (the '08), so I'm out about a DIME!!!

:thumb:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts