Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if someone already showed you guys this, but I found a really cheap option for a set of offroad style pegs for the Versys. My Versys is an '08.

I bought a set of DR650SE pegs for $17.50 including shipping. I went out on a limb and just bought them thinking I would have a go at making them work on the Versys. As it turned out, It was the easyest thing I have done to the bike yet.

The main pivot hole has to be enlarged. I used a 15/32" drill bit to enlarge the hole to fit the Versys pin. Then, using the same drill bit drill down into the base of the peg (but not through) to give the spring room to go around the pin. Then using a simple file or angle grinder, shave down one side of the peg so it fits the peg mount on the Versys. You really only need to remove the powdercoating, that is how closed it is.

The angle of the peg is perfect, the springs fit fine, super cheap mod.

http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/jmarleau/2/1382054400/tpod.html#pbrowser/jmarleau/2/1382054400/filename=drz-pegs.jpg

http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/jmarleau/2/1382054400/tpod.html#pbrowser/jmarleau/2/1382054400/filename=pegs-installed.jpg

It beats the triple figure option at Twisted Throttle.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't find anything wrong with the std Versys pegs, mind you I am a blacktop rider.
I'm mostly a blacktop rider as well, with the Versys. But I like the wider pegs on my DS bike. I find it way better for standing.

You might have better riding boots than me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Do those actually help with we boot traction? I get on bikes like people get on horses; step on the left footpeg then swing over. When it's wet out, I slip off and land quite ungracefully. Would be nice to not slip.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Do those actually help with we boot traction? I get on bikes like people get on horses; step on the left footpeg then swing over. When it's wet out, I slip off and land quite ungracefully. Would be nice to not slip.
Absolutely more secure in all conditions... I also like their wider surface area, which don't dig into your arch like the thin 1st gen Versys pegs did.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts