Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a $15 KTM fender, cut it up, used the smaller, back end as a front fender mupflap, used the larger front of the fender for a hugger. I found some DupliColor touch up paint in Intense Blue Pearl for Chrysler. that matches the V blue pretty good, for the pop rivets on the front fender.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Nice! I love it. those bits are way way too exspensive for what they are, nice job:thumb: Ive been watching e-bay for a stock, used hugger to modify but I might just try this. Cool:D

Donn

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did you do the mount for the hugger.
Actually, you caught me, the hugger is just sitting on the rear tire in my pic.... I am still analyzing the situation, I believe I will use 2 steel straps, 1/8" thick, 1-1.5" wide, bolted with 2 sheet metal bolts to the rear-facing plate of the swing arm. The steel straps will then make about a 95 degree bend, and be under the hugger, where I will use 2 carriage bolts with nuts to secure the plastic. I can alter the bend of the 2 straps to get the exact clearance I want on the hugger.

·
Premium Member
7,879 Posts
JakeSabre.

Here is some image of my hugger and see how its secured. One side-LS it is held by a slot which fit the swing arm and on the other side -RH its secured by a link to the brake line fittings.

Hope this gives you someway forward on your installation.
General picture of the hugger

Left side

Right side.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
94 Posts
That rear hugger you made up there looks awesome!... that's the best one I have ever seen - well done to you JakeSabre!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EPIC FAIL.....

Fastoman got me motivated to try and get the homemade hugger fastened on the bike, and I just couldn't do it. Too many variables: the width wasnt wide enough, the curvature of the fender didnt match the tire, the height of the mounting, the distance from the tire...... I just couldn't get it done....glad it was only a half of a $15 fender, I am so glad I didnt buy that $60 front Ninja fender off craigslist and hacksaw it to pieces.....oh well, better luck to me next time...or better yet, maybe I will have a little more sense on the projects I pick....

·
Registered
764 Posts
sorry it didn't work out. I thought it was a done deal.:( You inspirerd me to give it try, if I win a bid on E-Bay for a hugger Ill give it a go. Wish me luck!

Donn

·
Registered
169 Posts
Unfortunately the majority of prototypes/experiments probably don't turn out as expected but that's no reason not to try. :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts