Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
What Make / Discarded??

I thought I would risk trying these due to low price. They do get fairly hot with an integrated switch that has two temp settings. The wires appear kind of thin for the current draw though and require lengthening and soldering. The right grip has an integrated throttle tube and cam that does not work with the Versys, at least not without lots and lots of modification. I discarded these instead of trying to get them to fit.
I have stuck this thread as there is still interest and I appreciate like many others a first hand experience such that it eliminates others making the same mistake. Could you mention what you discarded and what you ended up going with, possibly photos as well?
:thanx:

·
Super Moderator
19,595 Posts
I just ordered a second set of the KOSO Apollo heated grips (for my Canuck Versys...), for $110.46 delivered to AZ, from AMAZON (Pompton Sport Center).

·
Registered
143 Posts
I went with the Oxford Touring heated grips on my 09 V. I love them and haven't used them past 75%. I have the newer version that turns it self off when the battery isn't being charged.

Very easy install except I had to sand the clutch side handlebar for the grip to fit correctly as there was a ton of paint and clear coat on the handlebar. They cost me 96 dollars in the US and I was able to buy them in a store instead of ordering them (same day install!!!). The only real "issue" I had is that I had to use a "U-bolt" from Home Depot as the screws they give to use the clutch/mirror mount are too short for their own bracket (the bracket to mount the temp controller unit). The U-bolt cost me about a dollar.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts