Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a new idea, but newly added to my Versys.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. Had the wheels. Hated the way they rode so they've just been sitting on a shelf. Also had the threaded rod on hand, so this was a nearly free mod for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very Nice! :thumb:

I just did something similar too! I used a lathe and made some aluminum spacers to stabilize the location and push the skateboard wheels out a bit.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Lol same one I've done on all my dirtbikes and DS's back in the day. I plan on doing it to my v too once I get ahead.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I put mine together I used stainless steel parts. Hardware was ~$7 from Home Depot, and I found a 4 pack of skateboard wheels from Amazon for $10.

With that, I have enough supplies to make two. So, if you share with someone or split the cost, it comes down to < $10 for a set.

Here's some pics of mine:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words, but His look better..haha

I did this on an old dual sport, and it's very popular with the supermoto guys. If I was buying the wheels, I would go for a harder urethane so they are more likely to slide than grip. The ones I used are somewhat grippy, which isn't really ideal

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yours looks great - and without your post, and another like it, I wouldn't have tried to make mine :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have 2 plastic hammer replacements (40mm diameter) sitting at the garage. I am planning to put them on as fork sliders. They are made of hard plastic and really cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts