Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Thanks for all the help on picture post, now I need to figure out how to put them in order and text between.
So you can get the idea, I'm a cheap ass and got time on my hands and love to tinker with things.
I had the strap steel that I used to make the bracket, wire, connectors, flex plastic conduit all around the house.
Horns from 2003 expedition-junk yard $4.55 for both
relay, relay socket and in line fuse-amazon $7.25 free shipping
HONK HONK It's funny when I honk at somebody they look for a car but see me! That's what I want

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hey Cheap A** (couldn't resist), do you find a appreciable difference in loudness ?

BTW, look to me very well done and not cheap at all !
If you hadn't told, nobody would have find out !!!

LOP

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
"Where's the plastic?" :wink2:

I added a horn (Fiamm low tone) but secured it on the opposite side to the original, which IMHO gives it a more balanced look.

But l'm sure when you find your lost plastic, all will be well!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For got to say that I used the top horn mount which is rubber isolated, did the same with the lower mount.
I installed the horns with a rubber o-ring between the mount bracket and horn with lock-tite for insurance.
That combined with being connected directly to the battery upon initiation did the trick.
When i first installed them, they were too tight and would not oscillate-vibrate enough to be loud. Bring in the rubber!!
The horns are slightly loose, but the lock-tite keeps the nut solid. and yes they are LOUD.

oh yea, I took the plastic off myself didnt like it any way.

·
Registered
643 Posts
They sound like a big vintage American sedan. Had a pair on my Yamaha. You really need the high and low set for the right effect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just happened to notice this thread. Here is a source of cheap ass horns. Harbor Freight. 2 piece hi and low horns.
It includes a splitter for the wiring of two horns. I spray painted black I don't know how easy they are to fit to the Versys but I hooked up the low one to my FZ-07. It sounds like an old Plymouth. Very loud.
2 Piece 12 Volt Electric Horn Set

1 - 7 of 7 Posts