1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Joe, you mentioned not being able to distinguish the type of car (is it a cop?) when speeds reach above 80 mph. The Tuono mirrors on my 650 V also vibrate like that, but if I grasp the mirror between my index finger and my thumb the image stabilises and I can have that "damn, that IS a cop" moment.:surprise:

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
How About the Main Event/ Rotating 360??

I thought at first I was watching the wrong video, then I thought maybe there is a remote control, and Joe is going to surprise us when he lane splits:frown2:, well I didn't see it, my mirrors rotate 360 too, when they come loose, heard a push the button mentioned, are these Fake mirrors>:)

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fake! Just prove it!
Just kidding.
But still, you don't even show the main feature.

Well then that gives me an excuse to go get some BBQ. So I'll post up a video rotating the mirrors for ya.:grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Well then that gives me an excuse to go get some BBQ. So I'll post up a video rotating the mirrors for ya.:grin2::grin2::grin2:
Great. If you can link to where you got them (more precisely), I couldn't find them.
This would be a nice upgrade for trail riding (yeah, some of us do that...) to save a mirror.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Update On Mirrors.....

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
your 1 step ahead today

Yes I noticed the update, went back to edit my procrastination post, but you beat me to it. That is one really cool set up, it will be interesting to see how long the adjustment for tension remains intact, that is is it going to be like the Versys 07 where the mirrors kept coming loose.And thanks for posting the link.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yes I noticed the update, went back to edit my procrastination post, but you beat me to it. That is one really cool set up, it will be interesting to see how long the adjustment for tension remains intact, that is is it going to be like the Versys 07 where the mirrors kept coming loose.And thanks for posting the link.
I'll post updates on the mirrors every so often. I don't think there will be any issues. I might take one of the grips i cut off when i put on heated grips and make a couple of rubber washers to use with the mirrors...

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

I think I'm gonna pass. The shape is not quite right; it should be larger on the outside (like the factory ones) to maintain rear view while leaning.
The doubletake mirrors have the same flaw, although these are less ugly and less bulky.

Also, (minor) it seems to lack a ball joint at the mirror to allow further tilt for stand up riding. Not something I would miss for long, but it would have been a nice touch to preserve the feature.

I cannot say it's a bad mirror, certainly not for the price. Definitely a cheap replacement compared to original...

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for sharing.

I think I'm gonna pass. The shape is not quite right; it should be larger on the outside (like the factory ones) to maintain rear view while leaning.
The doubletake mirrors have the same flaw, although these are less ugly and less bulky.

Also, (minor) it seems to lack a ball joint at the mirror to allow further tilt for stand up riding. Not something I would miss for long, but it would have been a nice touch to preserve the feature.

I cannot say it's a bad mirror, certainly not for the price. Definitely a cheap replacement compared to original...

Magazi Orca stylish folding mirrors 10mm metric for motorcycle cafe racer bobber | eBay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts