Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use PhotoBucket to store images for when I post on the forum, and the other day I thought that the way I had named them could be improved upon.

For instance - I had a ride last Christmas Eve that I had called "desert ride Christmas Eve", and thought that IF I was to label them by date, w/ a small 'explanation', they would be easier to find, so that one would become:
2015 12 24 desert ride

After doing a couple, I decided to arrange ALL the files in that fashion, making them easier to find, NOT realizing that PART of the pics "retrieval" is the file's NAME, AS WELL AS the file's photo-number.

I discovered my error when I went to an answer I'd given to a question from an "inmate" here, that HAD included a pic, and saw that the pic was GONE.

So-o-o-o, if you TOO use one of these photo-servers, I suggest you do NOT change the NAME once you've posted pics from it.

(I have just spent a 'pleasant' few hours re-living my D2D 2015 and Beartooth Pass ride reports, as I re-filed those pics, and I have a FEW more to do....:eek:... )

Oh well....

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Apparently it's true - no good deed goes unpunished.

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Photobucket gives you a warning about that when you attempt to change file/folder names
...which I did NOT notice, I guess...!

Oh well.... Today I'll re-image my D2D ride in 2013.

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FWIW - I probably spent 3 or 4 hours yesterday, updating my threads so that they have pics AGAIN....

MORE to do, tho'.

:frown2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts