Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through the site and many owners seem to use the DuPont Teflon chain saver lube but which do you prefer....spray or squeeze bottle?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Never tried the squeeze bottle, never seen it in stores to give it a try.

I'm a big fan of DuPont Chain Saver and their Motorcycle Degreaser. Works wonderfully and easy to find at places beyond motorcycle shops. Wal-Mart, Lowes, etc carries it.

The aerosol cans have meter-able pressure and you can control the flow. w/ or w/out the straw.

Tho I would like to get my hand on one of the squeeze bottles to carry with me, lube a chain on a trip would be good. Without having to carry around a big can, that could leak and cause a big non-stick mess.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
Never seen the squeeze bottle in a store. For a degreaser i just use goop hand cleaner.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Just ordered 4 cans of the spray cans from Amazon.

If you want a better price, don't buy the $12 prime, click on the link that says "3 new from $7.99". I bought from Midway and with shipping it came out to <$10 a can shipped for a quantity of 4.

I just got done checking every Lowes, Wal Mart, Auto Parts store for 30 miles and there are none to be had. So I ordered online.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

If you want a better price, don't buy the $12 prime, click on the link that says "3 new from $7.99". I bought from Midway and with shipping it came out to <$10 a can shipped for a quantity of 4.

I just got done checking every Lowes, Wal Mart, Auto Parts store for 30 miles and there are none to be had. So I ordered online.
I did the same as you and also could not find spray cans locally

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
:eek:
Hopefully this link works....if not just search on amazon. The lowes by me only carried the squeeze bottle. I think I paid $3.99

http://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Chain-Saver-Self-Cleaning-Lubricant-4-Ounce/dp/B008S7OG52/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1375734094&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=dupont+chain+saver

Thank you guys! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I did the same as you and also could not find spray cans locally
Ace Hardware also carrys the Dupont spray and bottle.

I have used both the spray can and the squeeze bottle, they both work well. The squeeze bottle is easier to take on trips, and in general, it is easier to apply to the chain.

As far as using it for a drip system, wouldn't it be difficult to shake up the dispenser before turning on the drip? The lube's "thin-ness" may make it drip differently than oil?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts