Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any aftermarket centerstands available for the 650?
Thanks in advance?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are there any aftermarket centerstands available for the 650?
Thanks in advance?
There are some. I picked up one from Twisted Throttle for my 2014 Versus 650 ABS several years ago. I think it was made by SW MOTO. Wasn't cheap so have your wallet ready.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2018 Versys 650 ABS and the first thing I put on it was a Hepco & Becker centerstand. It fit perfectly and works great.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the SW Moto, does interfere a bit with kickstand, but I got accustomed to the need to push kickstand down slightly to get center stand fully retracted. other wise excellent product. Hepco Becker might not have the interference issue, worth checking. might be the hepco advantage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I operate in Thailand so I'll see what I can find or have shipped. I'm just glad it's possible. I have no idea why they would not have one installed at the factory.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have no idea why they would not have one installed at the factory.
Many bikes don't come with extras like center stands to keep prices down. I've seen a lot of comments where people say "such and such bike" should come with a center stand, heated grips, cruise, etc. Once they add that stuff, the price goes up. You can use the 1000 as an example. They changed a lot and added some stuff on the latest model and the price went up $5,000.

·
Registered
21 Posts
From the US there is T-rex racing center stand. It is height adjustable. Probably extra expensive to get shipped to you but mentioning it for others who come across your thread. I've installed center stands on a few other bikes but none that mounted via a plate behind the rear sets like on the Versys 650. It was a shock because the Versys X 300 I bought in 2017 pretty much had allowance for the center stand mount from the factory but the V 650 seems like they never even had a thought of allowing one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts