Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I can't post on the 300 versus discussion thread I'll put it here does anybody know the difference between aftermarket and OEM stands?

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
Since I can't post on the 300 versus discussion thread I'll put it here does anybody know the difference between aftermarket and OEM stands?
You should have full access, if not PM me.

·
Super Moderator
20,928 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
You aren’t that far from me. I’m in Mesa. OHV tag is on the way, then I’ll probably see you down that way.

Sorry to hear it, 2wheels. I’m going to mount mine this morning.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have two versys 300X and purchased both center stands from TRex racing. I love them - good quality and made in America.
Just to chime in here, I bought a Chinese center stand - to save a buck - and it is less than perfect. It works but the bike isn't level. I have to shim one side by about 3/8" to get level and more stable. I've found that the bike has to be absolutely level to accurately check the oil. The filler window is sensitive to small changes.
This is important when changing the oil as it is very easy to overfill - been there, done that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just to chime in here, I bought a Chinese center stand - to save a buck - and it is less than perfect. It works but the bike isn't level. I have to shim one side by about 3/8" to get level and more stable. I've found that the bike has to be absolutely level to accurately check the oil. The filler window is sensitive to small changes.
This is important when changing the oil as it is very easy to overfill - been there, done that.
Yeah, I didnt have much luck with my Chinese center stand that I ordered off of Amazon either. I knew better and I knew I was gambling before I ordered it, but the chance to save a buck won out over my common sense.
This was my experience with it. Post #5 in the this first thread. https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...scussion/218889-crash-guards.html#post1608623
And Post #5 in this 2nd thread. https://www.kawasakiversys.com/foru...ral-discussion/221319-ebay-center-stands.html

·
Registered
27 Posts
Installed my center stand on Monday that I ordered from Amazon. Road about 15 miles of pavement, then bout 1 mile of gravel than about 2 miles back to pavement and center stand started dragging. Lost the spring. Had to zip-tie it up to finish my route.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On my GS 500, the center stand has 2 springs. One inside of the other. The one that came from Amazon only had one. That has been my only concern about it.

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
125 Posts
I have two versys 300X and purchased both center stands from TRex racing. I love them - good quality and made in America.
LTC - reviving an old thread to see if you still have the t-rex center stand(s) and are happy with them ? Hope to add a center stand in the coming months and want to get the best value!

Thanks!
JT

·
Registered
152 Posts
LTC - reviving an old thread to see if you still have the t-rex center stand(s) and are happy with them ? Hope to add a center stand in the coming months and want to get the best value!

Thanks!
JT
I responded in detail with your other post on here. Short of it - you can't do wrong with T-Rex and priced lower than genuine Kawasaki that just bumped their prices for accessories going into 2022. But so did T-Rex. T-Rex makes the only skid plate to consider - the Heavy Duty Skid Plate. No other compares. All good stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts