Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today marks milestone for me as the first Center Stand has been sold and is on the road to New York and a 5,000 round trip out of Texas. It's been a long, hard, frustrating road to get the center stand to where it is but I think this will work. "Inroads" (forum name) bought the first stand and came by my place to have me put it on. He had it really loaded as you can see in the pictures and I raised an eyebrow but it's his bike so we'll see how the stand works out. It will be a good litmus test for the stand. Anyway, he'll be posting to the board about his trip and the stand so I'll watch for his postings. I wish him well and I hope there are no problems.

·
Registered
451 Posts
any pics of the stand while in the up postion? close ups?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's hard to tell how the right side is linked to the left side from the pics - or are the two sides independent of each other?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Today marks milestone for me as the first Center Stand has been sold and is on the road to New York and a 5,000 round trip out of Texas.
Nice work on the stand, I'm sure it'll be fine.:thumb:

"5,000 round trip out of Texas"....it's Inroads arse I'd be concerned about :eek:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I did not realize it was as wide or low as it is. Can we get a good pic from the rear with the stand up?

Obviously works great as a stand. I'm curious about side and bottom protrusion/clearance.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Good job. Not sure I'm willing to shell $250 for it. Not that is not worth it, its the cheapness factor kicking in.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don, Does this bolt right up on a 2010?
I cannot say for certain that it does as I have not had access to an 2010 model to verify that. I can't see where they have changed anything where the stand bolts up but I can't say for sure. If anyone that has a 2010 model wants to drop by my place it won't take long to answer that question.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Awesome job on the design and presentation. The price seems reasonable to me, afterall, this isn't some piece of mass fabricated Chinese Wal-Mart gear.

Nice job in designing a product the manufacturer didn't fully address.
It will be on my top five list of must haves if I get a Versys.

And they say we don't make anything in the USA anymore....:thumb:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome job on the design and presentation. The price seems reasonable to me, afterall, this isn't some piece of mass fabricated Chinese Wal-Mart gear.

Nice job in designing a product the manufacturer didn't fully address.
It will be on my top five list of must haves if I get a Versys.

And they say we don't make anything in the USA anymore....:thumb:
You did make a point.................it is made in the US

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Don-

See the attached picture. My question is if one were to lean the bike into a hard left turn, would the "hard parts" of the center stand hit before the peg otherwise would have scraped? Just a potential safety concern, of course.

I know photos can be deceiving since in the photo you weren't directly behind that part of the hardware. Otherwise, it looks good and I'd be interested...

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Don,
I have a Scorpion muffler on mine which changes the pipe to stand relationship. Can you give me the distance from the right side lower bolt to the stand cross member? My pipe may be a bit too low to fit your stand. Mine is std height.
Great job on the development of this.

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 57 Posts