Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hepco-Becker, SW MoTech and perhaps T-Rex offer them for '15-'21 bikes. Reviews suggest both the HB and SWM have very little chain clearance in the stowed position. Some even suggest grinding some of the left mounting bracket off to increase clearance is 'necessary'. HB's reportedly doesn't interfere with the side stand as SWM's does.
I'd appreciate feedback on these stands from actual users. Especially the chain clearance issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 650
127 Posts
I have the SW Motech centerstand. It has clearance for the chain, but you have to keep the chain on the tighter end of the slack adjustment (1" or 25mm) or else it will contact the mounting bracket. When adjusted properly there is no contact or noise. Very convenient when the time comes to replace tires or maintain the chain.

·
Premium Member
11,232 Posts
Search @quexpress he has detailed info and photos, part to do with lowered footpegs plus more info.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got mine from ConStands. Shipped from Germany. Well made. A pita to fit but once on it worked very well. Didn’t cause any issues with the side stand. I can’t speak about the others, other than a buddy put on the T Rex center stand. Again, a pita to fit but seems to work well.
my vote goes to ConStand as that is what I went for.
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
looking at the sw motech site and con stand ..id wager they are one of the same ..made in the same place .ibought a con stand ,,tou may get lucky and get a 30 percent off weekend they often have ...109 quid and no complaints ...clears well easy to fit and enough room to get a exhaust under ...all good for me with the con stand

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have the HB on my '15. After having fun with the countershaft bearing on the KLR I keep chains on the looser side of spec. I did have to grind off some of the left side frame, not a big deal. Except for the return springs breaking in separate occasions the stand is a dream to work with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts