·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
149 Posts
Jerry-

My GF bought a '05 f650gs Tuesday and it's got a cee bailey screen. i rode it yesterday and hated it. Besides it's gawdy looks, I was getting lots of chest buffeting, and top of screen is right in my line of sight(5'10"). Helmet was quiet but chest was not. It's flimsy, too. My givi is far superior, imo.

/neil

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for you feed back.

I spoke with Cee Bailey on Thursday. They say they have sold many. Keeping in mind that talking to a salesman is like talking to politicians, they lie from the moment they open their mouth. They do have a 30 day return policy but I don’t want to be a lab rat.

I guess I will keep looking.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought a CeeBailey's shield and I really like it. I've got 2,500 or so miles behind it now. CeeBaileys were very nice to me. Order over the phone, though, because they don't look at their online orders very often. Get the "tall" one with the traditional cut top. It's the most versitile, because, with your ability to reposition it, you can adjust for the seasons. I'm 5'9", and I can ride at highway speeds with my shield open, so it works pretty well. It transformed the bike into a sport touring machine. I'm a wimp in the wind. This thing really, really made the bike a lot more fun for me. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply. Can you post some pictures?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?saved=1

Wierd, I couldn't find this thread, so I started a new one. Anyway, still very happy with the shield. Some helmet buffetting in crosswinds is my only complaint. I just traded emails with Nationalcycle, and they are apologizing and saying their VStream for the Versys is still 8 to 10 weeks off. That one will probably be the one to beat once it is finally produced. I'd have no fear with the Cee Bailey's. Get the tall one with the regular domed top. Happy riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts