Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camping trip to this nice state park in Tennessee
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Plant community

Rode to Fiddlers Grove Historic Village at the Ag center -- some neat historical buildings (along with reproductions too) set up to mimic small town Tennessee late 1800s.
Sky Outerwear Smile Helmet Plant

Came back, had some supper, and went for a ride around the park, and ventured out to some backroads.

Sky Cloud Plant Nature Natural landscape

Drove to Norene, which apparently has one of the smallest Post Offices in the USA ?
Tire Wheel Property Plant Vehicle

Found an old limestone quarry .... then rode back to the camper to play word puzzles and relax with my wife 馃檪

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Water Wheel Automotive tire Sky Motor vehicle

A fun day !

Attachments

Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
Camping trip to this nice state park in Tennessee
View attachment 190457

Rode to Fiddlers Grove Historic Village at the Ag center -- some neat historical buildings (along with reproductions too) set up to mimic small town Tennessee late 1800s.
View attachment 190458

Came back, had some supper, and went for a ride around the park, and ventured out to some backroads.

View attachment 190459

Drove to Norene, which apparently has one of the smallest Post Offices in the USA ?
View attachment 190460

Found an old limestone quarry .... then rode back to the camper to play word puzzles and relax with my wife 馃檪

View attachment 190462
View attachment 190461

A fun day !
So are you hiding the 5th wheel hitch in that top case?
Beautiful site, you kids have fun.

Registered
Awesome! Did you explore any of the gravel roads there? A few weeks ago I ended up on some of their gravel roads and they had put down some fresh palm sized rock in the low spots. Not so fun on the Supermoto. I never stop for a photo in the difficult sections, but in this photo you can see some of the larger rocks they use.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome! Did you explore any of the gravel roads there? A few weeks ago I ended up on some of their gravel roads and they had put down some fresh palm sized rock in the low spots. Not so fun on the Supermoto. I never stop for a photo in the difficult sections, but in this photo you can see some of the larger rocks they use.

View attachment 190477
That looks like a good "slow road" ... that I would have enjoyed.

I went down 2 gravel roads in my exploration-- one (fairly short) dead ended at the entry to that limestone quarry picture. The 2nd dead ended at a well fortified posted private property gate ... with a security dogs posting also. The dogs were there, and sounded like they would be good at their job. I was fully turned around ... and regardless of how fast liter bikes are ... my little 300 can easily smoke a pit bull 馃槀

That was a road marked with a regular road sign ... so I was less less excited about gravel roads after that 馃槈.

I had a note in my vacation calendar to look for an 'old time gas station' you had mentioned... and I kept an eye out, but didn't find one. It may have been further out than I ventured.

It has been a great trip. Heading back home shortly though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts