Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Audiovox CCS-100 cruise control system, that I’m planning to install on my 2015 1000 LT. Everything that I can find here, seems to involve installing the magnets on the rear wheel, for the sensor.

I installed one of these on my ST1300, and used the ignition coil primary wire as my sensor input. So, my question is, has anyone used the ignition coil on a Versys for the pulse signal for the cruise?

Thanks,
Nashcat

·
Registered
804 Posts
I don't know why you couldn't but why not use the speed sensor wire? I installed the Audiovox on my old Connie and a Rostra on my 650 Vs.

The Audiovox did work better but mounting the servo and vacuum canister on the 650 looked problematic. The Rostra replaced my Evap canister perfectly, didn't even have to drill new holes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know why you couldn't but why not use the speed sensor wire? I installed the Audiovox on my old Connie and a Rostra on my 650 Vs.

Thanks. I hadn’t thought about looking for a speed sensor wire. Can you give me any help as to wire color and location. I don’t have a service manual, yet.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Thanks. I hadn’t thought about looking for a speed sensor wire. Can you give me any help as to wire color and location. I don’t have a service manual, yet.

I have a PDF of the 2015-2016 V-1000 Service Manual in Drop Box. PM me a e-mail address and i can get you access to it....

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

The Audiovox did work better but mounting the servo and vacuum canister on the 650 looked problematic. The Rostra replaced my Evap canister perfectly, didn't even have to drill new holes.

What made the Audiovox work better on your Connie than the Rostra on your Versys?
A curious guy wants to know. :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
What made the Audiovox work better on your Connie than the Rostra on your Versys?
A curious guy wants to know. :)
On my Rostra if you speed up to pass someone and then let off of the throttle the Rostra is waaaayy late picking up again, dropping 10 or more mph. Very little lag with the Audiovox. Problem with the AV is that the main ubit is quite a bit larger and you need a vacuum canister. Easy on a c-10 Connie, not so much with the 650 Versys.

Curiosity eased?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
On my Rostra if you speed up to pass someone and then let off of the throttle the Rostra is waaaayy late picking up again, dropping 10 or more mph. Very little lag with the Audiovox.
I've never noticed this action on mine. Maybe I compensate with the throttle without realizing it LOL! I will need to test this on mine.

Problem with the AV is that the main ubit is quite a bit larger and you need a vacuum canister. Easy on a c-10 Connie, not so much with the 650 Versys.
I'm very familiar with the operation of the Audiovox and also of the vacuum canister requirements because I had one on my Valkyrie for over 10 years. I had an Audiovox ready to install on my Gen3 Versys 650 but just couldn't find the space required to install it. That's when I went to the Rostra.

Curiosity eased?
Yes sir! Thank you! :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
I've never noticed this action on mine. Maybe I compensate with the throttle without realizing it LOL! I will need to test this on mine.

I'm very familiar with the operation of the Audiovox and also of the vacuum canister requirements because I had one on my Valkyrie for over 10 years. I had an Audiovox ready to install on my Gen3 Versys 650 but just couldn't find the space required to install it. That's when I went to the Rostra.

Yes sir! Thank you! :)
I've thought about modifying the tab that is mounted on the bell crank so the attachment point was farther away from pivot shaft but have never had the desire to dive in. i have messed with the micro switches trying o improve it, but no joy. Except for this minor inconvenience, it works a treat.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I've thought about modifying the tab that is mounted on the bell crank so the attachment point was farther away from pivot shaft but have never had the desire to dive in. i have messed with the micro switches trying o improve it, but no joy. Except for this minor inconvenience, it works a treat.
When it gets warmer up here, I'll go out and check this ... and then get back to you.

Do you have a pic of the tab on your bell crank? Curious ... :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
When it gets warmer up here, I'll go out and check this ... and then get back to you.

Do you have a pic of the tab on your bell crank? Curious ... :)
I do not have a pic, but if you want to PM your phone # to me, I can shoot one to ya via text.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Email message was sent. :)
Thanks for the heads up. I found it in my spam box.

Email with a link sent.

I tried posting it here, no joy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts