Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm here looking to see what others have done to keep cats from getting under the motorcycle cover and the seat, gas tank and even on the dash of the covered V :mad: I don't have cat, but I live in an apartment complex and there are cats there.

Does anyone have any suggestions??????????

Thank you,

msiple

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Pellet Gun, Milk w/ Anti-Freeze....:grinangel:

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Call animal control and see what can be done. I lived in S.Carolina and a couple of dogs were digging under my fence to get in my yard. The owners of the dogs did nothing so animal control brought out traps. Trapped them then took then in and the owners had to pay fines to get the dogs out.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Are they crapping on it or something? If they aren't doing anything nasty, I'd just leave them alone. I think it's kind of funny! You could try adding clips to the bottom of the cover so they can't get in as easily though.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I'm here looking to see what others have done to keep cats from getting under the motorcycle cover and the seat, gas tank and even on the dash of the covered V :mad: I don't have cat, but I live in an apartment complex and there are cats there.

Does anyone have any suggestions??????????

Thank you,

msiple

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Interesting. Can't say I've ever heard of that happening. Perhaps it's a warm place to take a nap.

I agree with the comment concerning calling animal control. It's the humane thing to do, particularly if the cats are feral.

One the other hand you might consider this tidbit of information. "Anyone who says the don't like cats just hasn't had one cooked properly."

No flames please, 'cause I'm a cat person. Have been owned by cats since 1968, though they still haven't been able to train me properly. :D

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
As a person who has a variety of critters in my pack...I don't allow my animals out of my house without my direct supervision & don't want univited guests on mine.
I recently had a run in with a neighbor who complained about my dog treeing their cat all night. I pointed out that the tree was in the middle of MY back yard, showed her a copy of the animal at large ordinance & a photo of a HUGE coyote in her driveway. That fact that she no longer speaks to me is just an added bonus.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try soaking the cover in a cat repellent spray from the pet store.
Or spray the ground around where you park.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Our cat sleeps in the shop with my bike. Had the same issue. Apprently the Versys seat was made for cats not humans. I just started setting a box on the seat and problem solved.

I don't like cats but don't go shooting or poisoning them. If I lived outside I'd be looking for somewhere warm and soft to sleep too.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Are they crapping on it or something? If they aren't doing anything nasty, I'd just leave them alone. I think it's kind of funny! You could try adding clips to the bottom of the cover so they can't get in as easily though.
Cats have claws, and they often lose traction on the paint and instruments' plastic lens, scratching the hell out of it. They also leave tracks, and can puncture or chew into the seat cover. They may also choose to urinate or ejaculate all over to mark their territory... A quarter of cat... Yummmm. :p

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Over the years only one thing has worked to keep cats away from an area!
I don't know if you can use it but man I sure have! Raised chicken wire! If it is off the ground like all crinkled up or some thing holding it off the ground by an inch or so. They will not go near it! I saw one step into it once and the cat totally freaked out. The hole size is just right or wrong and they cann't stand it! :thumb: :goodluck:

Oh and they will not climb it either! :goodluck:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I use moth balls or Napthalene. Cats hate these things and would soon abandon their bad habit of coming over. I use a little plastic container to place a single ball, and have it placed on my car bonnet. The cat loves to come over and pee on the car. Cat hasn't gone up my car ever since. These moth balls last about a month exposed to air, and by that time, the cat would have kick its habit and find another car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, these are really great responses, I greatly appreciate all the people who have taken the time to respond. I see some really good ideas that I have not thought of.

Thanks again,

Mark

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I use moth balls or Napthalene. Cats hate these things and would soon abandon their bad habit of coming over. I use a little plastic container to place a single ball, and have it placed on my car bonnet. The cat loves to come over and pee on the car. Cat hasn't gone up my car ever since. These moth balls last about a month exposed to air, and by that time, the cat would have kick its habit and find another car.
Yes they say moth balls work but one qestion? CAN YOU STAND IT! I couldn't stand it! Ha! Ha! :eek: Crinkle up some chicken wire put it under your bike at night no more cats! Just my two cents!

And good thought 2damax! Forgot about that one! :thumb:

Set rat trap........just kiddin! :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
I had the same problem. Feral cats started making a home out of my car and bike. And one of my neighbors was feeding them at night which meant they were there to stay.

Here in Houston animal control will do nothing because they require YOU to capture them so they can come and just pick them up (very hard to do). Repellants also do not work on them so don't waste your money. Fortunately for the cats the problem came at the end of my lease and I soon moved out. Because I did go to the sporting goods store to price out pellet guns. They even have whisper quiet guns with scopes on them.

And no, I don't feel bad about shooting nuisance animals. Especially if they are damaging my property.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Try soaking the cover in a cat repellent spray from the pet store.
Or spray the ground around where you park.
Try to be humane. There is enough cruelty out there.

Feral cats are a problem near here as well. I have two cats but they remain indoors. I have no control over the feral cats, but i and my neighbor have trapped a couple that spray and taken them to the SPCA. They provided the humane traps. I imagine they put these animals down, but it's better then letting them starve or worse.

I have used spay on furniture to keep my cats from clawing, but it does work.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My parents have a lot of cats.One of thier cats got under his cover and sharpened his claws on the 1 week old corbin seat. He now puts a heavy object(a duffle bag with some weight in it) on top of his seat on the outside of the cover. His other bike cover is tied at the bottom so no place to get in. No more problems.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts