Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking about the ridiculous "one time I carried a ..." type thread here.

What are some of the larger items you regularly carry on your bike and how do you do it?

I shoot competitive archery and I'm thinking about a way to carry my bow case so that I can ride to more shoots. My plan is to install a rear rack, probably KTMduals and then make a mounting plate that I can permanently attach to the bottom of a hard bow case. The case would lay down flat, crossways. Probably use some type of "J" hooks on one side and a latch on the other.

Like I said, looking to hear how you regularly carry larger items, photos too please.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
A 36 rack of beer. Sort them out in the side bags. liquor in the top case!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd like to find a really good, safe, way to carry my fiddle case on the back of my versys. I'm just terrified of having it break free while riding. Thus I use a car whenever I need to bring it anywhere.

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Slow-steady--------What bow do you shoot. I was at a shoot a few years ago and an old bloke turned up on a 200 Yamaha trail bike. He had a bow tech in a home made wooden case, strapped lengthways, behind him. It did not look out of place. He had his gear bag on top resting against his back as a rest. He traveled about 120 km each way to the shoot.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, keep the ideas coming.

kiwitourer - I shoot several different compounds. I'm going to look for a lighter weight, yet very rigid case that is just big enough to hold the longest bow I shoot.

I've seen guys carry golf clubs and even a mount for a bicycle so there is a way to carry things more vertically but I think I want to keep it laying down sideways. This seems to give it a fairly low profile and be as safe as possible.

Mitch

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts
I took some crutches to a buddy of mine. Just used a few 24" heavy duty zip ties from harbour freight that cost $1.99 a pack. zip tied it to my rear rack. Should have seen all the funny looks i got when i passed people..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts