Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well... I've been looking around trying to find references or help about how the Caribou cases are mounted on the Versys. I'm more planning for the future (as I hope to be getting a Versys very, very soon) and luggage is my main topic right now XD
I'm wanting to mount some caribou panniers and a top rack of some sort, possibly the top rack seen here on the forums made by a member here (sorry, i can't remember your name right now...) and I'm trying to see if there would be any issues with it... I know i've seen like all the SW-Motech side and top racks are not compatible with each other, as I was considering using the SW-Motech + caribou cases. But I'm not sure about all these compatibility issues... I'd rather not have to modify my bike so much to mount luggage...

Now the question is, does anyone have any good pictures with the mounting racks from caribou? I'm just curious to how they are mounted and also if anyone has used maybe the caribou racks or the SW-Motech with a compatible top rack as to mount a caribou top case too. (and yes I'm very set on caribou cases at this point :D)

Any help would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Member CJBrown has some great pics of his bike with the cases on. OK, they're not Caribou, they're Seahorse, but if you really gotta spend the extra money on luggage the mounting would be the same. He's got the top & sides.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ok well... I've been looking around trying to find references or help about how the Caribou cases are mounted on the Versys. I'm more planning for the future (as I hope to be getting a Versys very, very soon) and luggage is my main topic right now XD
I'm wanting to mount some caribou panniers and a top rack of some sort, possibly the top rack seen here on the forums made by a member here (sorry, i can't remember your name right now...) and I'm trying to see if there would be any issues with it... I know i've seen like all the SW-Motech side and top racks are not compatible with each other, as I was considering using the SW-Motech + caribou cases. But I'm not sure about all these compatibility issues... I'd rather not have to modify my bike so much to mount luggage...

Now the question is, does anyone have any good pictures with the mounting racks from caribou? I'm just curious to how they are mounted and also if anyone has used maybe the caribou racks or the SW-Motech with a compatible top rack as to mount a caribou top case too. (and yes I'm very set on caribou cases at this point :D)

Any help would be great! Thanks!
I have Caribou and they have 20k miles on them now. Been great! I used Givi rack on mine.

The locks are the reason I went with Caribou and I am sold on their quality and utility.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Thumper Thanks! Yeah the locks was a nice key point for me. I don't wanna have to fumble with pad locks or anything xD

Also nice looking bike!

BTW, what size cases do you have on there?

·
Registered
718 Posts
@Thumper Thanks! Yeah the locks was a nice key point for me. I don't wanna have to fumble with pad locks or anything xD

Also nice looking bike!

BTW, what size cases do you have on there?
I went with 36 liter. They are slightly larger than my old FJR bags but, I can really pack a bunch more in them. No paint to scratch either.

If I ever buy that Tiger 800 I lust for, I will keep the bags for that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
seahourse cases

hey guys u might no be aware but u can get locking latches for the Seahorse case 15.00 buck for metal and 6 bucks for plastic....

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts