·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
601 Posts
That i8 is pretty sweet looking!

I like his shopping technique..."Hey dad, I really want the $140K car. Oh, it's too much? OK I guess the $90K one will do." :stickpoke:

Lucky kid to have such a generous dad. Congratulations on your success that you can help him buy a great car! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That i8 is pretty sweet looking!

I like his shopping technique..."Hey dad, I really want the $140K car. Oh, it's too much? OK I guess the $90K one will do." :stickpoke:

Lucky kid to have such a generous dad. Congratulations on your success that you can help him buy a great car! :thumb:

He wanted a truck or suv when he started his search. But everything he wanted was a special order. He had decided on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Edition with a Diesel Engine but it would take 2 months to get and i wasn't going to pay close to $60,000.00 before taxes on a Jeep. So he just happened to get a call from his cousin that just got transferred to a BMW dealership he still wanted an suv but after test driving the car it was all over. We were paying cash so we got a smoking deal. Price was $66,000.00 before taxes. We got it for $52,000.00 So after taxes and everything it was 60 thousand and some change.

He's a good kid. He works and goes to school and doesn't get into any trouble. I don't have any children but both her sons treat me like a father. :)

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
601 Posts
He wanted a truck or suv when he started his search. But everything he wanted was a special order. He had decided on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Edition with a Diesel Engine but it would take 2 months to get and i wasn't going to pay close to $60,000.00 before taxes on a Jeep. So he just happened to get a call from his cousin that just got transferred to a BMW dealership he still wanted an suv but after test driving the car it was all over. We were paying cash so we got a smoking deal. Price was $66,000.00 before taxes. We got it for $52,000.00 So after taxes and everything it was 60 thousand and some change.

He's a good kid. He works and goes to school and doesn't get into any trouble. I don't have any children but both her sons treat me like a father. :)
Sounds like a screamin' deal! That's rad

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
granted i may be a little jealous, I'm also glad my parents never bought me something like that. for many reasons also to include: no matter how humble he may be, he will be treated differently because of what he drives.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
granted i may be a little jealous, I'm also glad my parents never bought me something like that. for many reasons also to include: no matter how humble he may be, he will be treated differently because of what he drives.
I'm sorry but that is complete BS. If your parents had bougyt you a car like that then you would yave jumped on it in a second. Anybody would, or should.
If a person can lay out that kind of $ in cash for a car, then my guess is that the people they are accosiating with will look at that car as completly normal.
My parents laid out cash for me on my first car. Granted it was less than $1k but that is normal for my area friends, and I was extremly grateful for that.

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry but that is complete BS. If your parents had bougyt you a car like that then you would yave jumped on it in a second. Anybody would, or should.
If a person can lay out that kind of $ in cash for a car, then my guess is that the people they are accosiating with will look at that car as completly normal.
My parents laid out cash for me on my first car. Granted it was less than $1k but that is normal for my area friends, and I was extremly grateful for that.

You nailed it. He's Asian the entire family are doctors,lawyers,business owners. His friends all do well. Once he finishes school he'll be raking in the bucks also. He's put in the work and has done everything we have asked of him so deserves the car.:exactly:

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
60k on your stepson's first car? really? regardless of wealth, we live in dramatically different regions!
Not his first car by a long shot. He had a few old beaters to start with. Then i gave him my Nissan Xterra when i started riding the Versys. I rarely drive a car around the Los Angeles area. The Xterra got totaled in a accident that wasn't his fault. He wanted another one so he bought a high mileage Xterra he puts an easy 20,000 miles a year with his job and school on a car. That Xterra is just starting to have too many issues so we wanted him to get something that would last and he wouldn't need to upgrade for awhile. It's got the diesel engine so his gas mileage is great. With the service warranties and extended warranties. He doesn't have to pay for any maintenance for 100,000 miles the car is covered bumper to bumper for 7 years or 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

No BS

oh course I would have then. Now, many years later with a life of experience behind me and understanding how the world works a little bit better I am thankful now that I had to buy all my own all the way.

meanwhile i went to school with kids whose parents bought them brand new bmw's, lexus', even porsches. After a number of class reunions I feel that I am better for it.

and no, not everyones situation is the same, I merely spoke to MY situation.

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No BS

oh course I would have then. Now, many years later with a life of experience behind me and understanding how the world works a little bit better I am thankful now that I had to buy all my own all the way.

meanwhile i went to school with kids whose parents bought them brand new bmw's, lexus', even porsches. After a number of class reunions I feel that I am better for it.

and no, not everyones situation is the same, I merely spoke to MY situation.

To clarify, He not a teenager he's 29. But he has watched most of his friends giving everything and pissed it all away and are bums. He's put off a lot for all the schooling he has to do. All along always working full time. He works nights so yesterday after work he helped me install a new toilet then he took me to lunch. I hate spoiled kids i grew up working for everything i ever got and he has been employed right out of high school. I don't give things away, They have to be earned. He has earned this car twice over.:)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
To clarify, He not a teenager he's 29. But he has watched most of his friends giving everything and pissed it all away and are bums. He's put off a lot for all the schooling he has to do. All along always working full time. He works nights so yesterday after work he helped me install a new toilet then he took me to lunch. I hate spoiled kids i grew up working for everything i ever got and he has been employed right out of high school. I don't give things away, They have to be earned. He has earned this car twice over.:)
:cheers: bravo

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 28 Posts